Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
folks,

as i'm traveling quite a bit by commercial air these days/daze, i've started pricing hard-side cases for my crossbow. (YEP, the airlines DO employ GORILLAS to handle/mangle luggage!)

not only are the ones i've found OVER-priced (at least when compared to my hard-sided gun/bow cases), but MOST of the vendors are charging TOO MUCH for shipping & handling (one vendor asked me 29.50 S&H from KS to my home in TX!).

it just so happens that i have "contacts" in the injection-molded plastics field, who can likely make a similar crossbow case to the one i have that "hauls" two long-guns, 3-4 pistols & a cleaning kit, for about the same retail price as my gun-case. (i paid 25.99 + tax for it at a local gun-shop)

so a question: how many of you would purchase a "gorrilla-proof", lockable,padded interior, XB case for about 25-30.oo DELIVERED, if i can arrange the manufacture of such a HARD-case????

yours, texasnative46

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
you bet,Yes, for a great xbow case.

·
Banned
258 Posts
What DaGriz said works for me Ill take one!:)

·
1,222 Posts
Even a simple mold will end up more than he'll recoup without selling 1000 of'em.
Granted...the plastic pellets are or should be cheap enough though.

If your friend can...and a Stryker will fit, count me in.

Mike

·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
say guys,

tell me WHAT width/length you need for:
1. your recurves/compounds (fwiw, i've never measured all the compounds that my friends use, though i know how wide/long my Yukon is)

2. what sort of interior accomodations do you want? (for example, do you want arrow storage?? if so, for how many??)

fwiw, while i don't plan to "get rich off of this", i do plan to market these cases out of my house (and YEP, "legend", we'll take care of your shop.), IF i can get the cases made at a "decent price".
(i've already mentioned to the advertizing manager of the crossbow magazine that i read about advertizing in the mag. he was "excited" to get another possible advertizer.)

wish me luck.

yours, texasnative46

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hard shell cases!! YEAH!!

My Excal is about 32" wide and 38" long and about 10" deep. I guess it would need and inch or two added to make it fit with some padding and all!

I would buy one for sure hey I just paid 46 bucks or something like that for a soft padded case. It's the law a crossbow must be cased same as a firearm in my state.

The hard shell case would allow me to just toss it in the truck and not have to worry about the scope or anything getting bent or moved!

~HF~

·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
huntinfool,

"i feel your pain." ===> fwiw, an airline GORILLA broke one of my "commercial/military spec-grade" ham radios into THREE PIECES, one trip last year from SAT/BWI.

the radio case was made out of heavy cast aluminum & was wrapped in several layers of sweaters in a hard-sided suitcase = it literally looked like they drove a truck over the suitcase!!! ! = the airline said it was "unavoidably damaged or destroyed in transit" & they offered to pay me [email protected]#$%!

yours, texasnative46

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah!!

UPS tried that crap on me said my package wasn't padded good enough.

I answered back that they had tore the whole end off of the box it wouldn't of mattered how much soft padding I had, when someone stuck a fork lift blade though it! LOL!

They paid up! :)

~HF~

·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
huntingfool,

fwiw, DELTA AIRLINES told me last year that my REAL Ralph Bone fighting knife, which a carried for 20+ years in the service & was STOLEN out of my locked bag was "easily worth at least 15.oo but NOT more than 25.oo"!!!

i was NOT happy & am still fighting with the airline over it. the company says it was worth at least 500,oo. = :)

yours, texasnative46

·
Registered
33 Posts
Huntinfool said:
My Excal is about 32" wide and 38" long and about 10" deep. I guess it would need and inch or two added to make it fit with some padding and all!

~HF~
I think your numbers are backwards, my Excals are over 37 inches wide and rang from 39.5 to 36.5 inches long. With that big a case I'd be lucky to get two cases in my Blazer, where now I get at least 3 in with double gun cases. Though I probably would get one to try it out.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Crossbow Case?

texasnative46 said:
folks,

as i'm traveling quite a bit by commercial air these days/daze, i've started pricing hard-side cases for my crossbow. (YEP, the airlines DO employ GORILLAS to handle/mangle luggage!)

not only are the ones i've found OVER-priced (at least when compared to my hard-sided gun/bow cases), but MOST of the vendors are charging TOO MUCH for shipping & handling (one vendor asked me 29.50 S&H from KS to my home in TX!).

it just so happens that i have "contacts" in the injection-molded plastics field, who can likely make a similar crossbow case to the one i have that "hauls" two long-guns, 3-4 pistols & a cleaning kit, for about the same retail price as my gun-case. (i paid 25.99 + tax for it at a local gun-shop)

so a question: how many of you would purchase a "gorrilla-proof", lockable,padded interior, XB case for about 25-30.oo DELIVERED, if i can arrange the manufacture of such a HARD-case????

yours, texasnative46
Have you heard any good news about the Crossbow cases?
Could sure use one!

Reactions: garrick36

·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all,

i've had ZERO time to get with the guy i know on this. will let everyone know when i do get that chance/time.

yours, texasnative46

1 - 16 of 16 Posts