Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i've recently bought a 175lb sas disturbance recurve crossbow and am having trouble cocking it. Basically the latch will easily move forward but not backwards so I cant get the string past it. I have to pull the trigger and use a skrew driver to push it back then pull the string back. Am i just really stupid or is it the wrong way round? It's wierd because it's the same as on the photos in the store so It feels like im doing something wrong. I've attatched an image incase its usefull.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
Welcome to the Nation...sorry I can't help.

Sure someone will come along that can help with your issue.

Reactions: Yosanian

·
Registered
319 Posts
Some bows have to be in the fire position to cock and will automatically go to safe. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
That trigger claw set looks backwards to me n how my Excals trigger claws look, i could be wrong cause this is the 1st one of those i have seen

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I realize this is a different crossbow but it may be used as a reference. I shoot the Barnett Ghost 410. When the crossbow is shot the claws fold forward to release the string. After the shot the claws will normally return to 1/3 of the way up, but still slope forward. Cocking the crossbow, the string pushes the claws back over toward the shooter. Once the string as past, then the claws return to the vertical position. What happened to mine, after the shot, the claws did not return. I checked everything over, and to return the claws, I used a small flat screw driver. I tagged that bow as to the problem until it was fixed. Barnett wanted the bow returned as they will not sell the trigger assembly to the customer. Minimum 6 week turn around not counting shop time as I live in Canada.
Recently I had the opportunity to purchase some highly discounted Buck Commander BCXtreme 365 crossbows that use many of the same parts. I then removed the worn trigger assembly to compare with the new one to see if something had slipped out of place (small springs, pins etc.) All looked okay in that line. Cleaning the trigger assembly up and re installing, it still did not function properly. Now that I had the spare trigger assembly, I swapped it out and have my bow shooting properly.
For me, the amount of target shooting I have done, some part had just wore enough to not function properly.
Good luck with what ever you find out.
All the best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the bow is in fire position when I try to cock it. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts