Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SE VA
11,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Todd Bromley’s Publisher’s Perspective is a very interesting read.

·
10,171 Posts
Crossbow Magazine authors … seem to have a love of farming. None of them in the articles I read killed any animals. They all "harvested" them. Sorry to see the Politically Correct Speech Police have influenced their fine writings.

·
SE VA
11,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duke, really????? Wow :rolleyes: 😊

·
10,171 Posts
Duke, really????? Wow :rolleyes: 😊
I've got … some other observations about articles but I have to get outside to monitor & work on my 3 car garage/carriage house project. Going hell's bells all week here. The 4 skylights that have been stored for 5 years got wet and interior components deteriorated to the tune of a $2,050.00 lose. :cry: Going out to see if any of the parts can be salvaged for my son's Conex sea container project to be used as windows.

·
SE VA
11,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope it’s cooler up there than it is here. SEW said the heat index in AR is 115 the next 3 days. Almost that bad here.........and my wife is working me to death doing landscaping:oops:!! I’ve got the SWAT XP string and cables on now to test if she will just leave me alone for awhile.

·
10,171 Posts
Hoisting … 5'x6' windows up to install in the garage second floor. Hopefully tomorrow I can hammer away on the two articles I have issues with. :p

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Disagree with Duke on the politically correct.
Back 70 years ago we were civil without ever hearing about Political correctness.
People now a days think crude is masculine. It isn't. It's Punk. Just like it always has been.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The term 'Harvested' is much more PC that what I need. We're not picking strawberries! I have yet to take home any game that I didn't kill first. Reality is, we kill stuff - but then every piece of meat you've ever eaten has been killed by someone/something.

But if I was the editor of a hunting magazine & a sponsor said to me 'hey, we want our products to appeal to the widest market possible - how about using 'harvest' to describe...etc'.

I get it. If that is what is needed to help sell crossbows & recruit new hunters, so be it.

Before long, maybe they'll be killing stuff too.

And the Bible, in reference to meat, doesn't say 'go Harvest & eat'.

Don't see a reason to apologize for the term 'kill', but then 'reading the room' probably isn't a bad thing either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts