Crossbow Nation banner

Who would actually buy a subscription to a Crossbow Nation magazine?

• Yes: I would buy a magazine subscription.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question came up the other day about crossbow magazines.
Who would actually buy a subscription if there were another crossbow magazine on the market?

Obviously at this time there are not enough members of Crossbow Nation to justify the expense of creating a magazine. I am creating this poll to get a sense from CN members if one is even wanted or needed. Maybe some where way way down the road when CN has thousands of members instead of hundreds it might be something for UL to look into?

I personally would buy a subscription to a magazine dedicated to crossbows. In the event Crossbow Nation were to become a paid organization like the ACF I would sign up to just to get the magazine. But that is me...What about the rest of you?

Take a moment to vote and feel free to post any comments on the subject in this thread.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Crossbow

If the magazine came out monthly, would subscribe ,I don't really care to get a publication semi annually or yearly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't think another publication is needed. Both Horizontal Bowhunter and Crossbow Connection are very good and focused on crossbow. Let's not do what the vertical world has done and litter newsstands with so many different rags.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am with SPECIALIZED on this one. Warthog67 even if you buy both magazines you still only get 7 issues. I would like monthly issues.
It is hardly rag littering when that is the only choices you have. Joining or subscribing to both would cost $38.00 per year for 7 issues. It seemed like a good idea to just round off to $35.00 and go for 12 issues or something like that.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
However It is not even the cost of a few issues that bothers me as much as, I feel like I am reading a history book.
A magazine that comes out monthly is pretty currant as to what is going on and new products.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SPECIALIZED said:
However It is not even the cost of a few issues that bothers me as much as, I feel like I am reading a history book.
A magazine that comes out monthly is pretty currant as to what is going on and new products.
I hadn't even thought of that aspect of it. It sure would be nice to keep up on current events before they become 4 months old. By then I have usually read all there is to read on a subject via the internet.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL!
Terry you voted no? Does that mean I can have your unused issues of Horizontal Bowhunter? The lobby where I work can always use good reading material.
:p:boxing_smiley::patriot::thumbsup::lurk5:

·
542 Posts
In a New York (Michigan) minute..............

Yes, Yes, Yes. I would sign up to a monthly subscription of a good Crossbow mag..............

·
1,222 Posts
Like most polls.....there are many questions left...unasked.

While I did vote yes....like some of the others...no...I would not buy a semi-annual magazine. MAYBE....a bimonthly...but that would be the farthest out there I would subscribe to.
Monthly would be better.

Now.......is there enough information out there to disseminate to put together a monthly crossbow magazine that went past the table of contents...or a coupla adds....?

Mike

·
329 Posts
to all,

if the magazine was monthly i would HAPPILY subscribe.

what i dislike about the ACF magazine is the few issues each year.

yours, texasnative46

·
11,412 Posts
With the growth of crossbows continuing

I would have thought Peterson's Bowhunting mag would have jumped into it by now with a crossbow version to at least test the waters.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would expect there is plenty of content to make a monthly mag. Otherwise no other archery mag could survive. The crossbow world is moving fast enough to prevent recycling material in my opinion. As I have what I would want from a magazine in my head it could be done with little thought. The effort would be huge but I can pretty much layout 12 issues in my head right now.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Sounds great to me,at least it would be current!:eek:

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
300+ Members and only 22 votes. That isn't a very good sample. More people need to vote on this. Takes a second to click a choice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts