Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How unusual! I found this article on huntingwire. What's unusual is seeing something about crossbows on these news letters. That's a brave move, and hopefully is a sign of the future trends. So, I thought I'd share. We're coming out of the closet! Watch out! LMAO

Preparing for Crossbow Season

2008-07-30

SUPERIOR, Wis. As human populations continue to encroach upon the natural habitat of the wildlife that we enjoy hunting, state regulatory agencies are forced to ban the use of high-powered rifles. Some states implement special seasons for designated primitive weapons. Game populations continue to grow and thrive and authorities nationwide are now recognizing the roll that the modern crossbow can play in the changing populations.

Since early testing by the wildlife agencies in Ohio and Arkansas in the mid 1970s, where they found that the modern crossbow was a safe, humane and user friendly hunting tool that could provide increased opportunities for bow hunters, without the negative impact on the resources or other hunter groups, many other states and Canadian providences have added crossbow seasons.

Like any archer, it is important to practice and prepare for the upcoming season. However, to hone in your skills during and off season, a specially designed target will maximize the targets life. Crossbow bolts penetrate with the same force as a traditional arrow, but due to the shorter length they will travel deeper into the target. Therefore, specially designed targets will insure long target life and maximum stopping power.

The Block is pleased to address this issue with its Crossbow target, specially designed of orange high-density foam to eliminate the issues associated with the penetration of crossbow arrows. This BLOCK Crossbow target measures 20x20x14 and weighs only 23 pounds.

Until now crossbow archers have had a difficult time with targets withstanding the impact of the crossbow bolt. The BLOCK Crossbow has been specially designed with a special extra-high density version of the patented Friction Foam that has made The BLOCK the most popular archery target on the market. Arrow removal is easy with this new target simply twist or rock the bolt or arrow gently back and forth to break the bond that is formed with the Friction Foam. It is that easy.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Mike said:
Hey....it even mentions the target I use !

Mike
Hope the "new" Block is sturdier than the old. Tore one of those up in short order w/ bhead use, same for the McKenzie layered foam. I now use a Morrell bag target for field tips and a Rinehart 18-1 for bheads. The first Morrell was the "Eternity" model, all I can say there is Eternity isn't as long as it used to be, shot it out too. Life is good, lol.

·
287 Posts
I have a buckmasters bag target (might be made by morrell)
I shot into a Rinehart 18-1 target the other day
Nice target

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
saxman said:
I have a buckmasters bag target (might be made by morrell)
I shot into a Rinehart 18-1 target the other day
Nice target
Didja all know both Morrells and Slick Tricks are made in Arkansas? Coincidence?
I think not! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts