Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,567 Posts
Check out Leupold Vendetta rangefinders.

·
Crossbow Nut
5,127 Posts
Just about any can be made to work with the proper mounting system. I have a cheap Simmons I made a mount for. Couldn't use a mount that clamps to the barrel of the scope because there isn't any room on my compact Tact Zone scope, so I came up with this. Works perfect.
Personal protective equipment
Gun Revolver Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft

Works left or right side, attaches/detaches in 3 seconds without tools. Had to wire a pressure switch which velcros on. Requires Picatinny rings which cost me about $9.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That is very slick, thanks for posting it!
Looks like you used velcro to attach the RF to the bracket..? Curious about how you wired the pressure switch in. I may be taking my old Bushnell apart to see if I can make something similar. I guess it would become a dedicated RF once you go with a pressure switch.

Why don't you like the LE-032, seems like having a screen readout might be easier to use without looking through an optic.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here is the one I used. You click the button and it just ranges. So you can see the range before you put your eye on the scope. I have it mounted on top (scope rings with rail on top of them with a quick detach). Works good.

Attachments

·
Crossbow Nut
5,127 Posts
The LE-032 is ok, but has "rifle sights" to aim the laser, since it has no aim box on a "screen". It can be cantankerous to aim and be 100% sure what you're ranging. I have mine set up to coordinate with my 30 yard reticle. It works fine, I just prefer the aim box in the Simmy.
The Simmy is held by an adjustable "jaw" and the grip is enhaced by the velcro. Won't work with top mount quivers like the "Munch mount".
Taking your rf apart, look for the 2 wires that attach or lead to to your unit's switch, those are where I wired the pressure switch. I am still able to use it as a stand-alone rangefinder if I don't have it mounted on the bow. You can still use the unit's original switch, or attach the pressure switch to the velcro on your rf unit and use it that way.
In the past I found I could see the rf readout and the scope image at the same time, like looking through binoculars when properly adjusted.
Technology Hand Thumb
Latch Door handle Lock Hardware accessory Door

In the 1 pic you can see the width adjustment, and the other pic shows it doesn't have to be all that complicated to work good.

·
Crossbow Nut
5,127 Posts
Here's my Laserworks LE-032 side mounted with QD mount on my Micro 355. Sweet rig, I love it.
Auto part Vehicle

Reactions: smong2000

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
I have the Leupold Vendetta I on 3 of my crossbows. I prefer the Vendetta I model instead of the newer II version. The II model sticks out about an extra 3/4”.

All have the Scott Whitman bracket from fleabay.

Compound bow Mountain bike Vehicle Groupset Auto part
Auto part Vehicle Mountain bike

Gun Firearm Bow and arrow Trigger Air gun

·
Crossbow Nut
5,127 Posts
How long of a battery life can i expect out of a le- 032.
I don't know, I'm still on the original, so I'd say it's probably safe to say, all season long, depending on use. If I remember right, I think it has auto shutoff if you forget to turn it off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.