Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I know the IBO, NFAA, and the NAA recognize crossbows as achery equipment. What other organizations do?
Please respond. I can not go into specifics at this time, but if you knew what I am working towards you would definetly help the cause. I will release more info as time goes by.

Thanks in advance,
Mark W. Beck

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
In that case, so does Safari Club International and the Exotic Wildlife Assoc. and Trophy Game Records of the World (record book), but I feel like that's not exactly what you're looking for huh? A few more details may be helpful to get what you need.
Also, I believe in the Texas hunting & Fishing regs book, it refers to crossbows as other "archery equipment" where speaking of fishing as in bow fishing.

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crossbows as Archery Equip

All,
Thanks for the replies thus far.
I am looking for any organization, be it target or hunting, that recognize crossbows. Especially if they referr to crossbows as archery equipment.
This will help with state adoption of the crossbow into their archery seasons as well as swaying other organizations to assist in the fight.

Thanks again,
Mark W. Beck

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a confirmation message from SCI that states crossbow kills are eligible for their trophy records and they are categorized under "taken with bow and arrow". Send me your e-mail address and I will forward it.

I may be fighting a similar battle in PA as you are in Ohio. Hope this helps...

·
Pennsylvania Crossbow Federation Moderator
810 Posts
I'm the PA state rep, and an official measurer for the Northeast Big Buck Club. They are currently the (whitetail) record keepers for nine states. They accept crossbow kills into their archery records.

·
821 Posts
Hoss said:
All,
I know the IBO, NFAA, and the NAA recognize crossbows as achery equipment. What other organizations do?
Please respond. I can not go into specifics at this time, but if you knew what I am working towards you would definetly help the cause. I will release more info as time goes by.

Thanks in advance,
Mark W. Beck
I think more and more, the tide is turning. Good to know more organizations are accepting crossbows as archery equipment. Years of myths and misconceptions are being shown for what they are. Good luck fighting your cause, btw! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts