1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,842 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
That is a provocative request. A scope with a built in range finder? Now that would be cool. Oh, and welcome to CBN. It's the best thing you could do for yourself if you are getting into crossbow hunting.

These folks here have really helped me along.

Reactions: Fletcher

·
Registered
134 Posts
A scope with a built in range finder would be awesome. I'm not aware of that being available. There are some devices where you can attach your range finder to the top of the scope. To me they seem too awkward to deal with. Post up info you find something....

·
4,401 Posts
Burris and Zeiss both have had (have?) rangefinders built into their scopes. Wyvern has a night vision device that fits right on to your existing scope.

I hunt coyotes and bobcats with my xbow and am very tempted by the latter.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Welcome aboard. I had someone on this forum help me out with a range finder on my bow. I put a Leupold Vendetta 1 on one of my bows and a Vendetta 2 on another one. Button is right next to the trigger and I have instant digital yardage readout where my crosshairs are aimed.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My bet is that someday it will be a reality! Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
12,842 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The general problem with the scope manufacturing community is they are very reluctant to put much effort into developing high end scopes with many of these features because in the end they have to sell enough of anything they develop to make it worth their time and costs. The fact of the matter is the crossbow community as a whole are not willing to put out the money for the more costly scopes.

While agree that a scope with these features would be great, convincing a company to take the risk and develop such a scope is another question all together.

Xbow755

·
Registered
7 Posts
ATN is in the process of developing a product for day night use with an ABL (auxiliary ballistic laser) accessory. It is the ATN X-sight 4K pro with rangefinder. However is not designed for crossbow use (BC data not available for arrows/bolts).

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
ATN is in the process of developing a product for day night use with an ABL (auxiliary ballistic laser) accessory. It is the ATN X-sight 4K pro with rangefinder. However is not designed for crossbow use (BC data not available for arrows/bolts).
Smart scope technology is taking off at a rapid rate. I have the 4K Pro and would encourage anyone interested in a scope for Day and Night hunting that's affordable and loaded with features to take a look at it. It's long and 1.5 lbs. heavier than a typical xbow scope but for a hunter shooting off a rest, it's very usable. HD quality pictures and recoil activate video are pretty neat and the zoom function alone is super cool. You can make a 1" bull at 40 yards look like a softball.

The ABL bolt on unit is just coming out and probably will have some bugs. I hope to see ATN build a SW version with ballistics for xbows and have been pressing their product lead to consider it.

SideOnStorm.jpg

Barbwire pic. from a ground blind at 30 yards
Day14X.jpg

The ground blind setup.
FromSV@Dusk.jpg

iPhone night picture of two shots at 30 yards
25Y@N3.jpg

2 shot close up.....
25Y@N.jpg

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm waiting for Burris to come out with a crossbow scope with built in rangefinder. A scaled down version of their Eliminator. Burris just came out with a similar sight for compound bows.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Smart scope technology is taking off at a rapid rate. I have the 4K Pro and would encourage anyone interested in a scope for Day and Night hunting that's affordable and loaded with features to take a look at it. It's long and 1.5 lbs. heavier than a typical xbow scope but for a hunter shooting off a rest, it's very usable. HD quality pictures and recoil activate video are pretty neat and the zoom function alone is super cool. You can make a 1" bull at 40 yards look like a softball.

The ABL bolt on unit is just coming out and probably will have some bugs. I hope to see ATN build a SW version with ballistics for xbows and have been pressing their product lead to consider it.

Barbwire pic. from a ground blind at 30 yards

The ground blind setup.

iPhone night picture of two shots at 30 yards

2 shot close up.....
That is quite the post, thanks for taking the time to share with us (I removed the attachments from your original post).
Also, thanks for possibly helping me to part with some of my hard-earned $$ LOL, J/K!
Seriously, I am a tech-geek type as well as an avid shooter since 10 yrs. old (handguns, rifles, shotguns and bows) so I searched "4k Pro".
Up came this beauty for $700.00 USD (I presume it is in US funds).
This is some kinda sweet!
https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight4k-pro-day-night-rifle-scope-3-14x
Wife just got a new dishwasher for $1k so I think I have a strong case to get one LOLOL!

Reactions: dugmq
1 - 20 of 34 Posts