Crossbow Nation banner

crossbow speed poll/ same bow different speed.

• crossbow 400 fps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • crossbow 500 plus fps

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Personally, I don't care for bows that fast. You give up accuracy sometimes with that kind of speed. I wouldn't trust it.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Both are to fast for my taste, and likely the taste of those who are already again' crossbows.

·
1,699 Posts
No vote as well. I like my arrows going around 300ft/sec. Less is good too!

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
I don't need an arrow to shoot that fast either. I also wonder how a broadhead would fly at those speeds? My question is, why does every manufacturer then promote how fast there bows are if nobody here cares about the speed? For you guys that own the Strykers, why did you buy a bow that cost that much if it wasn't so you have the fastest bow out?
I'm just curios. Even if I couldn't hunt with it, I still might own a bow that was that fast just because it would be just plain fun to shoot. I would not pay $2,000.00 for it though, not just for shooting targets.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
250-300fps gets the job done. It's hard enough to get arrows out of the target as it is.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we hear ya

how about this on low setting 350 on high around 450 plus
only be able to shoot heavier arrow more kinetic energy

a lot of people want a stryket but price is to much

how about we match stryker only more kinetic energy in a horizontal style

at a lower price then stryker

suggestions please?

say 450 500 grain arrow?
get off the speed problem and focus more on kinetic energy?

·
2,814 Posts
Keep making these xbows faster & faster and we will never get them legalized here in MI. or any other state . PLEASE think about that , you are NOT helping our cause by doing this..:cool::confused:just my opinion though..

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
why does every manufacturer then promote how fast there bows are if nobody here cares about the speed? Quoted from Urban Legend.

Because it sounds good! Marketing, Marketing, Marketing! Now then, those of us with actual experience have learned what we know. Those who shop for the first time don't have that experience yet. So the answer is $$$$$$$$.

My taxidermist and I had a conversation a few years back. He explained something that made total sense to me and I'm going to share it with you.
If you market a product, example cigarettes, and you say this brand of special cigarettes will not spook game and it actually brings them in, a desperate hunter who smokes will buy those special cigarettes and pay $15.00 a pack if they believe it is a magical product that will help insure success.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.