Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now, since I am an outdoor writer and now I see we have a 'nuther one from Louisiana, would ya'll, the members be interested in reading stories about hunting with a crossbow? I'm willing to post some that have already been published in magazines if there's any interest. I try and keep mine funny and adventurous, and mostly about hunting hogs. Let me know.

·
665 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Urban Legend said:
I can make a new room for stories. Just let me know what you want it to be called. You all can post there.:)
That would be cool. Campfire tales? The Back porch? When I see it up, I'll post one to get started and when that one's had the once over by our members, then I'll add another and hopefully, Louisiana will add as well.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
"The Crossbow Chronicles" ?? :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
i've written a story or two and had one published with buckmasters in 2006. it was hunt you would never believe could happen but i was lucky and have a dics of my hunt at the preston ranch.
in late september of 2005 my father and i had gong to minnesota to hunt wit the acf uffda group the last part of september and first of october
in september a buy named tony duke called and knew i was a 100% disabled vietnam veteran and called me and said i am taking you on hunt i south texas the weekend of oct 5th or 2005. i said sure and he asked if i knew any others and i stated my dad was a korean veteran and he just says father and son that works out great.
on our way back from minnesota i get a call from tony asking me how we were going to get to the preston ranch and i stated we would get there by my truck. at that time he said and after some back and forth conversation he said no here's how your coming to texas. he was having lunch with dave milum knows as milo and he is the road manager of toby keith. he was sending a bus to oklahoma city to pick up pop and i. on the thursday of trip we met george hamilton who is toby's personal driver at a loval truck stop and from then on out my dad and i became stars lol. toby had stuffed the bus with all kinds of goodies for us on the trip and it turned out to be what you would call a hunt of a lifetime.
when i am sitting around the house i get to now and then watch my claim to fame lol and my 15 minutes of glory thanks to tony dukes toby keith and dave milum and jon preston who graciously opened up his ranch for my father and i. i was able to take a doe. i also shot the double bull once and then on the next to last day coming to the end of another great day with tj my camera man and mel the head guide i got to shoot one great buck. a main frame 10 with 2 great stickers off the left beam making him a non typical 133 5/8" buck for my first trophy. dad got him one but it wasn't videoed like mine but having him there with me was a great spirit among the group of people we met especially tony brokks who did own double bull and met some others who could sit in camp any day they wanted
this is just a short effort on my part to tell you how great hunt it was
god bless oklahoma and tony duke my lil brother
rob k

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robk,
Are you a PVA member?

·
342 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts