Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being disappointed with the target that the bowshop sold me, I ordered a Spiderweb target. It is awesome. The bolts only penetrate about 3 inches and are easy to remove. The bad part is, the target weighs 65 pounds and I had to buy a set of hand trucks to move it around for various distances.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Delta McKenzie Wedge bag target with extra packing at estimated 60 lbs stopped all my target tipped shots in two years I owned it. Two fingers are all that needled for pulls.
If I shoot the same hole 3 times consecutively the fletching might begin to bury.

20180906_120725.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use the Rinehart 18-1 cube target. It stop both my compound arrows and crossbow bolts even with braodheads. It's pretty lightweight as well (about 15lbs I believe) and very portable.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
After being disappointed with the target that the bowshop sold me, I ordered a Spiderweb target. It is awesome. The bolts only penetrate about 3 inches and are easy to remove. The bad part is, the target weighs 65 pounds and I had to buy a set of hand trucks to move it around for various distances. View attachment 201880 View attachment 201882
For the average shooter, this target will last a long time. I have the same target for test shooting various crossbows,
some highly modified at 17 1/2 feet in my shop. I have thousands of shots at that close range. I just turn the target
every so often to the opposite side. There is no beating this target back into shape even though it will eventually bulge
out the back. I just rotate the target and keep on shooting and it will eventually bulge back to the opposite side. I even put
the target on a bit of an angle to lessen the penetration being I have shot it so much.

What I did have to do is install 1 1/2" roofing nails every two inches where the edge is stapled. The staples are very
narrow and with no grips, they will either come out or they will pull through the cover edge.

This target is for field points only.

The biggest thing is to keep a target out of the weather when it is not being used and to shoot different areas.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
14,394 Posts
Instead of moving the target why not just move your table and chair for different distances?!?

Reactions: 380

·
TenPoint Siege, TenPoint Eclipse
568 Posts
I have the No Limit 18 Spyder Web and I just have the wife move it for me while I do the ranging, it keeps her fit and trim for a 69 year old.
Had I bought the 24 I might have had to move it myself.....:)

Reactions: WWB

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
For the average shooter, this target will last a long time. I have the same target for test shooting various crossbows,
some highly modified at 17 1/2 feet in my shop. I have thousands of shots at that close range. I just turn the target
every so often to the opposite side. There is no beating this target back into shape even though it will eventually bulge
out the back. I just rotate the target and keep on shooting and it will eventually bulge back to the opposite side. I even put
the target on a bit of an angle to lessen the penetration being I have shot it so much.

What I did have to do is install 1 1/2" roofing nails every two inches where the edge is stapled. The staples are very
narrow and with no grips, they will either come out or they will pull through the cover edge.

This target is for field points only.

The biggest thing is to keep a target out of the weather when it is not being used and to shoot different areas.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.
Who cocks the crossbows for all those shots? LOL 😆

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Who cocks the crossbows for all those shots? LOL 😆
Me, but I would never be able to do that many with a rope cocker.
I just finished shooting now and for today 72 shots. +80 degrees F
in my insulated shop and earlier it was 92 degrees F out side in the shade.
I usually try to shoot 4 rounds of 12 each for a total of 48 arrows in a session.

A few hours later, I go for another session. The most I ever shot in one day
was 240 as I was nearing a 3000 arrow test on one of my arrow-latch area
servings. That serving was the one that ended up with just over 5000 shots.

I just recently purchased 2 of the Bruin Ambush 370 crossbows. This
is one I am testing the riser and limbs but on a 390 Carbon Express
390 Pile Driver stock which I use for testing. With this stock I can plug
the crank into the butt end of the stock, cock the crossbow and then
remove it.
The original limbs on the 390 Carbon Express Pile Driver and ones on
the rebranded Rocky Mountain 405 and 415 failed by slivering. I tried
double taping the 405 and 415 limbs for added strength. but eventually
they failed as well. Parts for these crossbows will all inter change.

Very happy with how these limbs on the Bruin Ambush 370 are standing up.
I am shooting the 20" Blood Sport Witness that average 428 grains with a 100
grain point at 365 feet per second. I tried a 380 grain arrow-point combination
for a few trial shots and averaged 385 feet per second. Being a shorter arrow
there was less friction on the rail so this is maybe where I gained a bit more speed.
The crossbow is advertised shooting a 380 grain arrow-point combination at 370 feet
per second. The limbs are 185 pound draw weight as per the label on the box.

Take care.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Me, but I would never be able to do that many with a rope cocker.
I just finished shooting now and for today 72 shots. +80 degrees F
in my insulated shop and earlier it was 92 degrees F out side in the shade.
I usually try to shoot 4 rounds of 12 each for a total of 48 arrows in a session.

A few hours later, I go for another session. The most I ever shot in one day
was 240 as I was nearing a 3000 arrow test on one of my arrow-latch area
servings. That serving was the one that ended up with just over 5000 shots.

I just recently purchased 2 of the Bruin Ambush 370 crossbows. This
is one I am testing the riser and limbs but on a 390 Carbon Express
390 Pile Driver stock which I use for testing. With this stock I can plug
the crank into the butt end of the stock, cock the crossbow and then
remove it.
The original limbs on the 390 Carbon Express Pile Driver and ones on
the rebranded Rocky Mountain 405 and 415 failed by slivering. I tried
double taping the 405 and 415 limbs for added strength. but eventually
they failed as well. Parts for these crossbows will all inter change.

Very happy with how these limbs on the Bruin Ambush 370 are standing up.
I am shooting the 20" Blood Sport Witness that average 428 grains with a 100
grain point at 365 feet per second. I tried a 380 grain arrow-point combination
for a few trial shots and averaged 385 feet per second. Being a shorter arrow
there was less friction on the rail so this is maybe where I gained a bit more speed.
The crossbow is advertised shooting a 380 grain arrow-point combination at 370 feet
per second. The limbs are 185 pound draw weight as per the label on the box.

Take care.
Yeah! Thanks for the explanation.

I shared my only crossbow shooting this week in another thread. All total I think I shot 7 or 8 times on Tuesday just to confirm accuracy. Week before raised doubts.

Shot one new rifle more times this week. Worked out some bullet spray with it today.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I have had the XL model for 7 years n at least 5,000 arrow shots into it. Its a great target n you get your money's worth from it. Keep it out rain

·
Registered
14,394 Posts
LOL....Marty, this isnt a joke.:) It is what I do since I dont use a "permanent" or heavy table. Rather I use a folding card table.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
727 Posts
After being disappointed with the target that the bowshop sold me, I ordered a Spiderweb target. It is awesome. The bolts only penetrate about 3 inches and are easy to remove. The bad part is, the target weighs 65 pounds and I had to buy a set of hand trucks to move it around for various distances. View attachment 201880 View attachment 201882
I’ve got the spyderweb also. First time I went to pick it up I thought someone glued it to my garage floor. Too heavy to lug around but a very nice target.

·
Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 202253 The one I just bought, works great,easy pullout on target, haven’t tried Broadhead yet.
This one does not work well with broadheads. I had this target and try a few bh, it wrecked a lot of the stuffs inside as I pulled the arrows out. I stopped after a few arrows, but If I keep shooting bh into it, I think I would need to find a new target soon.

·
Registered
centerpoint sniper 370
196 Posts
I use the Delta makenzi discharge block, only about 10/15 lbs. arrows only go in about 6 inches and remove
quite easly. shooting carbon express pile drivers at about 340 fps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts