Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the latter morning/early afternoon tightening up my two ladder stands on my food plots. Then I marked yardages all around the stand laying logs at 25, 35, and 45 yards each. Then I re-attached the rails onto the stands with the camo netting on them and added the cushions and rope to pull my bow up with. Stands are ready. Wheat, peas, clover, and turnips have sprouted so all they need is rain now. Feeders are full and set for several weeks too.

Got home and after a break I got both crossbows out with broadheads and re-checked all the yardages I already set up this past week. Both crossbows = lights out so now all I'm waiting on is next Saturday morning and it's ON!! Seems like it's been a whole year since last season ended but it's only actually been 8 months….a LOOOOONG 8 months though.;):)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Good luck.

Reactions: Gabowman

·
2,879 Posts
Good for you, and good luck. I got my two stands ready on Saturday. Felt like an old man afterwards, but bounced back quickly. My high tech scouting system is in place (there are lots of tracks near the stands, and the landowner is seeing 5 bucks daily.) ;)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Spent the latter morning/early afternoon tightening up my two ladder stands on my food plots. Then I marked yardages all around the stand laying logs at 25, 35, and 45 yards each. Then I re-attached the rails onto the stands with the camo netting on them and added the cushions and rope to pull my bow up with. Stands are ready. Wheat, peas, clover, and turnips have sprouted so all they need is rain now. Feeders are full and set for several weeks too.

Got home and after a break I got both crossbows out with broadheads and re-checked all the yardages I already set up this past week. Both crossbows = lights out so now all I'm waiting on is next Saturday morning and it's ON!! Seems like it's been a whole year since last season ended but it's only actually been 8 months….a LOOOOONG 8 months though.;):)
Sounds great! I'll be out there with ya brother, just up another tree!

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck!
Looks like I will forego this entire season. My wife has some health issues that I need to assist with.
Gotta be tough but I know family comes first. I wish your wife well.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts

Ga, good luck come Saturday! I'm setting on go myself, I have a new spot down on a small creek with some really good oaks mixed in. I'm ready!

Reactions: Gabowman

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like you’re ready! I’m working on a couple of my stands. Gonna put a new seat in one tomorrow, and move one from a field to an oak ridge. Red Oak acorns seem to be more abundant on my place than white oaks. Deer prefer white oaks. We haven’t had a big mast crop here in several years.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be sure to add her to my prayer list....both her and you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts