Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I am hearing from several online dealers, crossbows are catching on fire in Louisiana. I heard for the first time today on the radio a sporting goods store advertising their deals on their crossbows. The store is called Simmons Sporting Goods and they are located in Bastrop, LA. They are the largest sporting goods store in all of north central and north east Louisiana. The ad went something like "Now that crossbows are legal in Louisiana, we are offering great deals on all our Horton, Barnett, and so on..."

I got to tell ya, I am pretty excited to hear that advertisement.

Here is another little story that speaks volumes as to why crossbows should have full inclusion. My neighbor and best friend has decided to buy a crossbow and bowhunt with me this year. That is a whole month to spend time in the woods together before gun season opens and that is what it is all about, not what type bow we use. Now, I probably will not be able to talk him out of that gun when gun season rolls around, but I will work on him. :D

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Yep, thats' way cool. I have a 70 year old female friend who has a Bow shop in Bush, LA. When she was here in Texas, she was introduced to the crossbow by me, which is wild it was "allowed" since her boyfriend WAS Tink, who, in the past, was totally vertical minded. He even helped her get set up with a crossbow so she could continue to hunt with arrows. It was not as potent as it should have been, but he helped her, and set her up a stand on his place.
Being a 70 year old female, (known on forums as RED DOT,) she can't pull the vertical bow over 30 lbs either anymore. I hear though, she's thinking of closing her bow shop and make it into a sewing shop since Tink and her are on the outs. She figures, she'll never find another hunting male to go hunting with again, so... sew! I can see her hunting again sometime if anyone would just invite her. Then, maybe she'll keep the shop open and add crossbows.

·
11,411 Posts
Yep

and some of the anti's are predicting they will lose their bowhunting season in LA as a result (on another site:)It's a shame they've been brainwashed to the point they can't see past their noses.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Moon, since I have been a vertical bowhunter for 16 years, can you PM some of those sites so I can visit them. I am tired of the antis in Louisiana.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
blue heeler said:
Hey GG,

Which Bush are you talking about? Work not too far from a little community called Bush.

BH
Yep, that Bush.

·
1,426 Posts
La. bow season threatened... HA HA HA HA HA !!

I am amused in a cynical sort of way that any bow hunter would think that they could lose the bow season due to crossbows being included...
those who think that have just illustrated a failing score on the threshold test for complete idiot status... cross bow hunting adds tax dollars to the wildlife management budget like any hunting dollars... it is THE WAY that finances most preservation of game and habitat...
I would bet that it is also helpful to the economy, more people gearing up for a new way to hunt... good for the economy.
I wonder if the same dummies are also complaining about allowing a 45 70 browning or Rossi or H and R single shot rifle with smokeless powder during muzzleloader blackpowder season... and how that will lose their muzzleloading season.
It reminds me of Zumbo saying that black rifles are not for hunting.. or some such nonsense... he tried it and was astounded.. and hired back to his plush job, etc..the nay sayers should try it..
what will lose a season is to fragment the hunting advocates so that there is not a unified front and no combined monies for preservation of game and game seasons.
no money for game preservation in any one pot and then the antis can take it away..
I am sorry that Louisiana persons are as stupidly misinformed as those in other states : they are elitist misinformed misanthropes with a holier than thou attitude and exclusionist intentions... they are running to the cliff to jump off .. and attempting to push us off is the goal they are running for... it would be amusing if it was not so serious and such an unrecognized but real threat.
dan kennison : recurve bowhunter, long bow hunter, compound bow hunter, crossbowhunter, pistol hunter, black powder hunter, single shot rifle hunter, semi-auto black rifle hunter, shot gun hunter....
or : JUST = HUNTER

·
11,411 Posts
Just go to any of the Michigan or PA

forums. It's just as bad as the deer chasing with dogs battle in Virginia.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts