Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen comments that Ravin, Scorpyd and Mission laid an egg at the ATA because they didn't introduce a new product.....I don't see that as a negative. I see those as very positive comments. That tells me those companies got it right the first time and didn't need to make any improvements..I hate to buy something and it's obsolete after one year of ownership.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I have to laugh when people get giddy over having to have new crossbow just to kill a thin skinned whitetail.

The Indians used to kill deer with a stick and string and broadheads chipped out from a rock!

·
5,918 Posts
I have to laugh when people get giddy over having to have new crossbow just to kill a thin skinned whitetail.

The Indians used to kill deer with a stick and string and broadheads chipped out from a rock!
ATA week in a nutshell.;) The Indians did have the hunting skill equivalent of that $3000 Ten Point though.:) I certainly don’t.;)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I've seen comments that Ravin, Scorpyd and Mission laid an egg at the ATA because they didn't introduce a new product.....I don't see that as a negative. I see those as very positive comments. That tells me those companies got it right the first time and didn't need to make any improvements..I hate to buy something and it's obsolete after one year of ownership.
Hunter 1945,
you hit the nail on the head. I watched a video last night of a guy shooting a new TenPoint. I saw nothing that would want me to sell my R10. If anything, I saw a couple of things that made me still prefer my R10. In fact, my initial observation from reviewing their website is TenPoint for 2020 validates the Ravin innovation that was introduced way back in 2016.
But with that said, dealers have to make a living and I'm very glad that TenPoint stepped it up this year and I wish them all the success in the world.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just like the gun or auto industry, there's rarely anything earth-shattering introduced year over year. Companies selling durable goods, particularly in these industries (and there are many others) make tweaks to performance, features and styling to generate new interest. If they don't, sales will stagnate and they'll go under.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
sounds like the ax and the New Ki bow were sort of the flops at the show.

As far as Tenpoints line up....they really nailed it, There a bow for every style of hunter at every price range.
The only Negative i see is they still got some weight to their bows.
Some folks really like the heavier bows though too.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Lots of pre show hype about the new KI Swat ...only to see how blew up on ramrod and it looks like the same bow they had before just re-released.... Ravin basically did nothing, which is fine they still have one of the top 3 bows out there.. Scorpyd (big yawn), mission didn’t show up... just added a $800 dollar scope as an option .... Tenpoint steppes up the game for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Excalibur Exomax
728 Posts
New innovations from the crossbow companies depends a lot on how far they have already gone. Limitations such as engineering reaching their limits and budget constraints impacts all of them. In addition having a very progressive and risk taking upper management team really moves the goal posts.

I have a lot of respect for all these companies jumping into the market. That takes a lot of courage.

I always look forward to seeing the new offerings and kicking the tires.

Bill

·
Registered
461 Posts
Imagine yourself as someone in charge of Sales for a crossbow company. You either better make customers want it bad enough to buy or think they need it bad enough to buy - either one works.

It is pretty cool though, when the technology that used to cost $1000 can be found for less than half that. It just takes a few years and the next advancements are usually only incremental increases.

My crossbow is a 2017 model and I sure don't NEED to replace it. I do drool over the annual 'next best things' and imagine I won't get through 2022 without a new one - I'm sure I can think of a reason by then. Hey 5 years for a bow is pretty good right?

I've known more than a few guys who'd buy a new compound every year, trading in last years model.

Whatever floats your boat, right?

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
3,285 Posts
Lots of pre show hype about the new KI Swat ...only to see how blew up on ramrod and it looks like the same bow they had before just re-released.... Ravin basically did nothing, which is fine they still have one of the top 3 bows out there.. Scorpyd (big yawn), mission didn’t show up... just added a $800 dollar scope as an option .... Tenpoint steppes up the game for sure

FYI; I'll quote OLDFLYER from KI thread. Keep in mind, this is just a prototype still!

"I found out they had the wrong rubber string bumpers in place. They have changed them to the "V-Groove" type and that is the simple solution that is working with no problems."

OLDFLYER, Yesterday at 11:07

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I think the new Gen 2 Swat is gonna be a huge winner provided KI’so limbs hold up well on it. For a grand it’s a lot of crossbow compared to many of the other new releases at the ATA Show. Really looking forward to future technical reviews on this crossbow. Think it would be a lot of fun on the target range based on what Sew has previously posted about how well his Gen 1 has worked at intermediate to long range for shooting targets.

·
Premium Member
6,185 Posts
I wouldn't call it "laying and egg". I think it's more "backing up and punting"! There were some huge releases last ATA and yes a few issues to boot. I think big idea's are in our near future and it could be that materials to accomplish those said ideas just haven't caught up yet. Things just won't get narrower,faster, lighter and more reliable unless products can be built to withstand the pressures,including strings! I just think they needed a breather and it's not like our current bows can't kill deer! Patience........

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
18,434 Posts
FYI; I'll quote OLDFLYER from KI thread. Keep in mind, this is just a prototype still!

"I found out they had the wrong rubber string bumpers in place. They have changed them to the "V-Groove" type and that is the simple solution that is working with no problems."

OLDFLYER, Yesterday at 11:07
On other forum it has gone from threw a string to bow blows up. Hysterics in motion. :p:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,185 Posts
On other forum it has gone from threw a string to bow blows up. Hysterics in motion. :p:eek:
I'd bet the person that failed to install the "correct" bumbers won't be attending the next show! Stupid mistakes happen,but with the internet age,it can cause a disaster! Reminds me of something an old guy told me when I was young in the construction business. You can do 100 jobs perfect,but screw up one and THAT'S the one people will talk about!

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
3,285 Posts
I just like truth and facts, so I'll keep jump'n on the hysterics...every time! I like how gutsy KI is, and how they use Jeff's innovative designs at a very fair, if not, more than fair price!!!

FYI; BS hysterics and rumors get this Canadian .......! 'case ya hadn't noticed!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
820 Posts
sounds like the ax and the New Ki bow were sort of the flops at the show.

As far as Tenpoints line up....they really nailed it, There a bow for every style of hunter at every price range.
The only Negative i see is they still got some weight to their bows.
Some folks really like the heavier bows though too.
Gotta love the haters....hardly a re-release for KI.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.