Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
665 Posts
I have a file on my computer that shows all the info about there 2 models it is in word format, if i can post it i will I got it direct from crossman

They sound like they are here to stay and they are built in the USA:)

Reactions: Rog

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I haven't shot one yet, but I'd love to. Spoke with them today about the different archery products they offer, Sounds like they are quality and detail oriented and the price range for the crossbows will be very affordable. I'd definitely love to take one for a whirl. I think the more quality companies, the better for the consumers or crossbow shooting population as there is always a desire to invent and tweek to get better and better when there is more competition. I think they'll have a very competitive product. We'll hear about it shortly from one of our own members here soon I hope.

·
1,222 Posts
A guy on one of the other sites bought one...but hasn't posted anything good...bad...or indifferent.

Mike

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Well, guess I'll say it. They promised a forum member here a crossbow awhile back, but haven't heard anything more since then. I was really hoping they'd come through so we could all learn about this new product from another forum member. I'm hosting a crossbownation.com hunt in March, and if this member receives his crossbow from Crosman, several of us mixed mfg. co. shooters will have the opportunity to take it for a test drive while in camp for a few days.
Won't that be wild? A mixed bag hunting and hanging out together to talk about crossbows while hunting with them. I'll definitely have some footage to post on youtube of some highlights.

·
51 Posts
I have seen them at the IWA show in Germany last March.
They had both new models on display but they were locked to the display
no chance to handle one, upon further inspection many parts (trigger box assy) were made from rapid prototyping.... we are in touch for a review but so fare no news from them....
I assume they has some delays during production

just my 2 cents
Mirko

·
665 Posts
I hear today that they are shipping them out and Gander mountains is going to be carrying them?

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crosman is shipping..

crosman is shipping received one bristol and one teton today, the good news they both had the same limbs and same speed, only difference was the scopes and teton had a rope cocker, with the factory arrows and tips 326fp,325 fps with limbsavers installed... 299 with a heavy arrow and 150 grain bolt sonic bh,
330 fps with 100 grain tip and lighter arrow
These crossbows both shoot flat out to 40 yards one inch group from a bench rest shooting position, will shoot a lot farther with good scopes,
I am getting 344 with factory light arrows and 100 grain tips,

both crossbows same speed within 1 fps with a new shooting chrono archerymaster with digital readout..

accuracy hit the same hole everytime

sound is low no twang

beautiful stocks and limbs zero defects in craftmenship

sweet trigger

my kids new crossbows , ready for ohio opener next week..

very satisfied....
now after over 100 shots each both are still like new no problems...
Love these crossbows...and the price is low...

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Emmevi said:
I have seen them at the IWA show in Germany last March.
They had both new models on display but they were locked to the display
no chance to handle one, upon further inspection many parts (trigger box assy) were made from rapid prototyping.... we are in touch for a review but so fare no news from them....
I assume they has some delays during production

just my 2 cents
Mirko
Yea, I heard they pulled them from assembly due to a clitch in the product, having to do with the stock. I'm relieved they did it before the were shipping instead of waiting and having the bows recalled, making new to crossbow shooters upset.. Glad to hear they are rocking now. Crosman has been in the trigger assembly for many years already and I understand they are going to use that technology with the crossbows. I'm very interested in shooting one when I get a chance.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
mideerslayer

I heard through the grapevine that mideerslayer received one of these bows a few weeks ago. I can't wait until he posts so we can read his experience with it.

·
665 Posts
Guide Girl said:
I heard through the grapevine that mideerslayer received one of these bows a few weeks ago. I can't wait until he posts so we can read his experience with it.
What grape vine was that? I havent got one:mad:

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
crosman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike,my buddy, who owns the farm, shot a doe opening evening with a crosman crossbow and a smoke broadhead, he only had a neck shot because the bean field was grown up high,
will make some good deer chili for camp meat,his wife is a great cook,

dropped doe fast, smoke broadhead hit at 40 yards 344 fps crosman crossbow
horton light arrow with luminock,

he sighted it in it was shooting top red dot of a 3 dot truglow red dot sight
hit perfect top light to 40 yards...

Phil Abrams was there, he arrived friday night, but no luck for him as of yet they are still hunting,The weather is hot ..the deer were only moving just before dark

I think a water hole is best, at this time when weather is hot..its even warm at night time there in ohio,
smokebroadhead and crosman crossbow

Attachments

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Way to go! Crossman got it's first harvest picture post.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
guide girl

thanks, love the crosman crossbows, you can sight it in at 10 yards so you do not loose arrows, and it will shoot a tight group all the way to 45 yards before it starts to drop , shooting a horton light arrows with 100 grain tips.

I think anyone would love this crossbow it looks beautiful well balanced nice 3.9 pound trigger with no play in trigger and it is not loud as most crossbows,
i did spray the riser with limbsaver silent armour, and it helps a lot on noise and vibration but it is not needed see pics, it came out looking perfect,
added some small limbsavers on limbs, lost 1 fps there,
it shoots from 326 with included carbon express arrows to 344 with horton light arrows with luminocks and firenocks,
those smokebroadheads fly like field points double edge blades, and they lock open when they hit,the blades are hidden inside bh so there is no planning from the exposed blades,i do not know how they would do on hogs but for deer and elk rib shots they are proven,,
i am trying jakeintx receipe for venison backstraps for dinner sure smell good thanks jaleintx...praying for cold weather its hot in ohio...
you all need to try the jamesvalleyscents from cabelas deer lures like wallhanger and doe in heat they are awesome lures that work excellent...during and close to the rut..

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
riser

riser makeover with silent armour from limbsaver
the cocking stirrup is sprayed then wrapped with there tenacle wrap then taped for extra protection helps a lot on any crossbow...even if you just do the cocking stirrup, it helps a lot in noise,,,

Attachments

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
crosman crossbows pics

finished riser
bristol with 175 pound limbs tops out at 344 fps with 100 grain tip and horton light arrows factory weight arrows and vanes
alpine quiver, holo sight 4 reticles

Attachments

·
149 Posts
I have to ask are there any major differences in the Teton and Bristol?

They look pretty similar

Crosman makes good made in the USA air guns.

Nice to see them expand to made in the USA crossbows

1 - 20 of 25 Posts