Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am personally working on a point-counterpoint breakdown of the document that pa crossbow posted in this forum.
The document's address was this: http://www.ubofpa.org/Talking Points.pdf

I will need some volunteers to proof read and spell check this document when I am finished. Whomever desires to be involved in this please post in this thread. Any recommendations are welcome once the document is completed and made public.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Good on you!! I had seen one already done somewhere but can't find it now. if yours is anything like the snow shovel analogy it will be great, lol. Check your pm's, gonna send ya one asap.

·
72 Posts
document

I'll be happy to proof your doc.

btw whnen you have "google toolbar" installed on your computer, it automatically spellchecks everything you type on your screen, including content on Internet forums like this.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first draft is done. I sent one to UL. Riva I don't have your email addy PM me.

I went at each line in a unique way that does not make it sound to much one way or the other. With a crossbow is already commonly accepted undertones. It should be a pretty popular piece but it will need more work I am sure of it.

Did I mention the orginal was encrypted so it could not be edited? It took me 30 seconds to bypass that but I decided I would retype the whole thing anyway. Once it is fixed it will need to be converted to a pdf again and locked like the original was. Took me 2 days to type that up and I don't want the finished product screwed with. Does anyone have a copy of adobe that will allow you to do this?

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys I am going to have to rework the entire document. I didn't realize that the PA crowd had taken this straight from the North American Bowhunting Coalition handbook. They used an existing document from the NABC and edited it or cut and pasted whatever fit their agenda into their copy. I will have to credit sources and be completely factual in every statement or it will be dissected. I used some speculation myself as did the original document and my responses were base solely from an Ohio standpoint. The good news is a lot of it can stand as is. I thought I was responding to a bunch of PA antis and not the entire NABC. Don't sweat it! I ain't afraid! I just need more time to prepare.

UL and Riva let me know what you think of the copy you have so far.

·
821 Posts
buckeye dan, good luck getting thru all of that. Am sure it is quite in depth. I will also be happy to read it over, if you wish. Am sure you will do a great job. Kudos to you, for taking on this challenge. :confused:
Kathy

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Seems the push in PA has got the attention of some. Looks like a few of the Amish are speaking up. :D

Actually I posted this on another site where a guy from PA in their Bowhunter group said the end was near. Figured it was too good to waste on a bunch of anti's and some might get a kick out of it.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Love the outfit, And booties.ha ha

·
1,071 Posts
I'll Help!

Dan,
Sent you an email I would be happy to proof read the point counter point document that the UBP are useing.Looking forward to seeing the first draft.
Stan
aka pa crossbow

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Instead of typing out some official looking document with a bunch of unsubstantiated claims I took another approach. It's coming soon so stay tuned to http://www.crossbownation.com for it.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update 07/29/08

I have been involved in many of the various state's forums as most of you know. I took a small break to work on my counterpoint to the famous NABC Crossbow Talking Points propaganda piece. I am still working on that project so more is coming. What I would like from all of you is some feed back. If you missed the post in the Forum Operations section then I suggest you all check out the Facts & Myths section of the site and do a read through of the articles UL was kind enough to allow me to post.
What I really need is critique from you guys and gals. The next leg of this project is going to keep me occupied for several weeks. I am border line from being banned where the Stanley cup guy admins as it is. So I feel like I can do more with this than I can arguing and debating in forums. I just want to make sure I am on track.
I would like if everyone that takes the time to read the articles to post opinions, comments and critique in this thread.
Thanks
-BD-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts