Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's the day the FedEx truck is supposed to deliver my Curve front-end. Can't hardly wait. Cripes, I'm like a kid on Christmax morning, Filled with anticipation and excitment. Hell , I'm far to old for that. Maybe it's true what they say about getting older, you regress back to your early childhood years.:)

Any way I'll post up my first impressions when I get it unboxed and bolted up to my stock/barrel .

·
Registered
22 Posts
DaGriz said:
Today's the day the FedEx truck is supposed to deliver my Curve front-end. Can't hardly wait. Cripes, I'm like a kid on Christmax morning, Filled with anticipation and excitment. Hell , I'm far to old for that. Maybe it's true what they say about getting older, you regress back to your early childhood years.:)

Hey,did it come yet Griz.:):)

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IT"S HERE!! First impression is WOW!! I waxed the string real good and then took my compound front end off and bolted up the Curve. Very quickly done and extremely easy to do!! I then called Wyvern Creations and told David to order me a new foot stirup so I don't have to change the one I have back and forth. Next thing I did was to shoot it. I can thing of only one word to describe it; SWEET! Very smooth, little if any vibration after the shot . Fairly quiet. The whole CB is very light and easy to hold.
My chronograph is broke and my new one is on back order so have to wait to see how fast it shoots. I shot it twice so far. It shoots to the same point of aim as my compound front end does. It does require a bit more effort to draw it to full cock, but not enough to matter. The AcruDraw 50 makes it easy to cock!

That's the scoop so far. I have to say I am very impressed . I'll be playing some more with it and will report more later !

To those who have been considering this option I suggets you "get er done" as I can't see anyone not liking this

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shot it 8 more times. WOW! Ruined a couple arrows as it shoots "Robin Hood" accurate! One thing I found it my AcuDraw 50 is about 1&1/2 inches short on the draw cords. An easy fix and not a probelm as it was set up for the compound which has a longer brace height. I also noticed that my trigger is a bit harder to pull. I attribute that to the higher draw weight and the serving will have to wear in to the claw fingers, just as my compound did,

The bow itself is asthetically great, The ends are extremely robust and the srings channel hook-up is made very strong and secure. The risers set up is almost identical to the compound. Al in all it is a very well thought out and engineered setup.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Glad your liking it I know I love mine,enjoy!;)

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bow itself is aesthetically great, The ends are extremely robust and the string channel hook-up is made very strong and secure. The risers set up is almost identical to the compound. Al in all it is a very well thought out and engineered setup.

I shot four different arrows from my curve at 17.5 yds. They all hit exactly in the same place. AMAZING!!
All of them had 100gr field tips.

Here's the specifics:

Ten Point ProFlite Carbon 428.95grs with tip (brass insert)
Goldtip Lazer II Carbon 408.89grs with tip (brass insert)
Easton Carbon Force 459.04grs with tip ( brass insert)
Easton XX75 Crossbow Hunter 484.50grs with tip ( aluminum insert)

·
11,556 Posts
My GT Flex still has not arrived

I decided not to go the "switharoo" route. I just converted my 07 Pro Slider to the 08 upgraded trigger, installed a sear engagement set screw under the trigger and it's ready to hunt. I couldn't stand the thought of having to switch limbs and risers and re -sight the bow in every time I want to shoot the other setup. Just pick up the other bow and go:D Another reason for not switching back and forth, as you mentioned, triggers react quite a bit differently to different hold weights. I ran into that with the Pro slider when changing it to different draw weights.

Attachments

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did forget to mention that when I changed from compound to curve, my P.O.A. did not change except the curve shoots 1&1/2 inches higher than the compound, with same arrows. It shoots every arrow I put thru it into the same hole!! ;) :(

·
11,556 Posts
Do you get the feeling

that the recurve is inherently more accurate than the compound?

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Od course. I've known that for a long time Simple physics.

Although I don't understand much about physics :) Alwats thought that was what the gave you in the hospital to clean out your bowels! :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
i was dead set on getting the new Titan HLX or whatever it is but the simplicity of the recurve keeps popping up in my mind. I guess the 300 fps is with a 350 gr arrow huh. Dagriz what kind of speed are you getting with the heavier arrow? Not a lot of shops close to me so the recurve is still in my mind. Maybe I ought to rethink this and buy the Curve. I did shoot a Vortex today and it was crazy accurate. I may be a fool but right now I am buying as much American as I can. No problems with my friends North of the border. It is just real crazy right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts