Crossbow Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have no allegiance to any company but in full disclosure I do stock Rogue because I am Scorpyds maintenance center

I have sold and serviced bows for almost 18 years so IMHO Americas best and Rogue are the best string companies out there

But there is no string company that beats a hand made, one of a kind strong from a knowledgeable string maker.

The reason is high volume string makers build strings at up to 8k RPS making it impossible for the serving bobbins to maintain a set winding poundage. The fact is it is very difficult for a hand made string maker to maintain pressure, every few strings built requires setting and adjusting the serving pressure.

I would contact Marty who member here. Also if you own one more aggressive new bows and the center serving does not hold up well I have a proprietary serving that will work. Marty had some I am not sure if he still does or not but it is by far the most durable on the market.

·
Registered
142 Posts
On a side note, though Gas is a good string they could not make a decent loop serving if they tried, it is terrible and the company says they do it that way because it is more durable. I say BS! If they ever learn how to serve end servings then I would add them to the top companies

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
25 Posts
On a side note, though Gas is a good string they could not make a decent loop serving if they tried, it is terrible and the company says they do it that way because it is more durable. I say BS! If they ever learn how to serve end servings then I would add them to the top companies
Say BS if you want. They are more durable and they won’t budge. Especially on crossbows! I’ve been building strings for 30 years. The average experience for our finishers is close to 5 years.

By the volume of our crossbow string sales we must be doing something right! We’ve also had a few crossbow companies test our stuff. I know where we stand. 👍🏼

·
Vendor
555 Posts
Eric Griggs who started GAS is not new in the archery industry not only as a string builder, but as a shooter himself. While there are a lot of good reputable string builders out who I'm sure do a great job on building string and cable sets I have put GAS string and cables sets on a bow that has had a reputation for eating strings, Ravin.. While we may see some other string builders mentioned in regards to Ravin sets GAS is dominating the Ravin Custom field with a lot of happy customers. This isn't to put any other string builder down, but GAS has an earned reputation and has seen it's share of podiums and to call such BS is a low blow after running your own sales campaign.

" Who is the best ".. Read some reviews on various string builders. I would recommend taking into consideration dealers or builder that is doing the process for a living, not a hobby.. I am a dealer for GAS, feel free to pm me or call. If not good luck with picking out threads. If you don't like the company you go with now you can always change later. ;)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
The knock on Gas that i read was their end servings,ravins do not use them so all good there. There is a vengeant 440 for sale on market that says Gas strings blew up right after install,limbs destroyed and had to be rebuilt. Now is this because TP cam slots are too narrow and strings do not have enough strands or something else? I do not know but makes me nervous of both products. Not the first story I have read of TP blowing strings on new models.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
The knock on Gas that i read was their end servings,ravins do not use them so all good there. There is a vengeant 440 for sale on market that says Gas strings blew up right after install,limbs destroyed and had to be rebuilt. Now is this because TP cam slots are too narrow and strings do not have enough strands or something else? I do not know but makes me nervous of both products. Not the first story I have read of TP blowing strings on new models.
I read that to and you have to feel for the guy! But as usual,neither company will take any blame and call it "user error"..... Seems to be the norm lately!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Who makes the best custom strings for a crossbow?
I own and shoot multiple ScorpyD crossbows, so from my Orion 150 to my Aculeus 460 it would be fair to say I’m on the high end of both of he speed and the wear spectrum when it comes to crossbow strings and servings. As such, I’ve owned or at least examined most of the custom made strings out their.

My favorite Maker for quality and Workmanship is in a class all by himself. That’s Marty MiG. I just ordered and received a new set of string and cables for my Aculeus 460 and I’ll tell you I’m a bit disappointed.
Why you may wonder? Simple - Once you switch to a set of Marty’s Custom Strings you’ll be ruined and never be able to go back to a regular type string again! Yes, and here is that much of a difference. I can post pictures for anyone interested, but as I already stated I go where I can get the finest quality coupled with top quality workmanship. It doesn’t cost a penny more, but you’ll notice the difference as soon as you start using them.

Jon

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I own and shoot multiple ScorpyD crossbows, so from my Orion 150 to my Aculeus 460 it would be fair to say I’m on the high end of both of he speed and the wear spectrum when it comes to crossbow strings and servings. As such, I’ve owned or at least examined most of the custom made strings out their.

My favorite Maker for quality and Workmanship is in a class all by himself. That’s Marty MiG. I just ordered and received a new set of string and cables for my Aculeus 460 and I’ll tell you I’m a bit disappointed.
Why you may wonder? Simple - Once you switch to a set of Marty’s Custom Strings you’ll be ruined and never be able to go back to a regular type string again! Yes, and here is that much of a difference. I can post pictures for anyone interested, but as I already stated I go where I can get the finest quality coupled with top quality workmanship. It doesn’t cost a penny more, but you’ll notice the difference as soon as you start using them.

Jon
Agreed.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.