Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I got a pretty nice Matrix 330 deal for german/european standards and would like to change it's color to something more "Tactical"...Preferably Black.

I love the look of the new Bulldog 330 but the Price of over 950€~1200$ is just too high for me...Considering this will be my backup/friends bow.

Has anyone ever successfully done that?

Thanks!

·
2,914 Posts
If you want it black, I’d suggest black bumper paint (if available where you are). I painted old vertical compound bow limbs with it, and it held up well to the flexing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want it black, I’d suggest black bumper paint (if available where you are). I painted old vertical compound bow limbs with it, and it held up well to the flexing.
I heard someone ralking about SEM color coat...it is quite expensive but I'm probably gonna try that

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bei egun ist gerade eine Bulldog330 für 500€ zu haben. Ich bin froh, eine zum alten Preis bekommen zu haben^^
Grüße aus Mannheim

A Bulldog330 is currently available from egun for € 500. I'm glad I got one at the old price ^^

Greetings from Mannheim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bei egun ist gerade eine Bulldog330 für 500€ zu haben. Ich bin froh, eine zum alten Preis bekommen zu haben^^
Grüße aus Mannheim

A Bulldog330 is currently available from egun for € 500. I'm glad I got one at the old price ^^

Greetings from Mannheim
Hab ich schon gesehen...der Verkäufer bekommt das Geld aber auch denke ich. Wertverlust gibt es bei den Dingern nicht wirklich.

I saw that. Someone is going to pay 500€ or even more. These crossbows don't really lose alot of value over time

·
Registered
472 Posts
I recently talked to a archery club mate about this topic, and he recommended a spray color for guns:
It is supposedly easy to remove with a special solvent:
Die Tarnfarbe lässt sich von vielen Ausrüstungsteilen leicht entfernen. Bei Bedarf kann auch der spezielle NFM-Tarnfarbenentferner (892280) benutzt werden.
I think about a paintjob for my vertical compound, camo is not really welcome at 3D tournaments ...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently talked to a archery club mate about this topic, and he recommended a spray color for guns:
It is supposedly easy to remove with a special solvent:

I think about a paintjob for my vertical compound, camo is not really welcome at 3D tournaments ...
I'll probably buy a can of both and test them out on something else first.

A white Matrix 330 would be something new :LOL:

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
My Matrix 330 came to me with snow camo limbs and a black stock. Ended up getting black limbs also. It was a custom build from an original Matrix 380 cut down.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
This is my competion Micro 340 TD

Been shooting it "benchreststyle" at 60-110m.
That is one intimidating and killer looking setup, Leo.
What Excalibur scope setup is that and what have you added on to it please?
Is that just a lens hood you have added on the front or what?
Thank you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!

It's a modified Excalibur Twilight DLX mounted on a HHA optimizer

I attached a rubber eye piece aswell as a Hawke 44mm Sunshade (which sadly doesn't fit ... Tape fixed it but not pretty yet :/)

The scope also has a angle Indicater aswell as 2 seperate bubble levels

My Second scope setup is a Russian Makmel 8×56 Scope with the same accessories as the twilight.

I change the scope depending on shooting conditions

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Thanks!

It's a modified Excalibur Twilight DLX mounted on a HHA optimizer

I attached a rubber eye piece aswell as a Hawke 44mm Sunshade (which sadly doesn't fit ... Tape fixed it but not pretty yet :/)

The scope also has a angle Indicater aswell as 2 seperate bubble levels

My Second scope setup is a Russian Makmel 8×56 Scope with the same accessories as the twilight.

I change the scope depending on shooting conditions
Thanks Leo, that setup looks like it is "lights out" for sure.
I like the idea of the rear rubber eyepiece and front hood for target shooting.

I haven't shot to 110m targets on a consistent basis yet but hopefully soon.
When I do, I will try the shades as I believe they will help me to focus better at such distances and keep the ambient light out.

OK, back to your original thread topic...
:)
Good luck with the paint or color dip.

One material I use for other purposes that withstands flexing quite well is "Plasti-Dip":
It is about $25 CAD (16 Euro) for a can.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is the reason why I use em....at these distances every minor error makes a huge difference.

I might give plasti dip a try....it seems for limbs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts