Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought my first ki bow yesterday and wondering how long it usually takes to get emails back from the company? I bought the speed 425 and I like alot about it but there's a few small details that should've been addressed on a $500 model. The scope is great but some of the cheaper ones have better grips on them

·
Registered
395 Posts
Bought my first ki bow yesterday and wondering how long it usually takes to get emails back from the company? I bought the speed 425 and I like alot about it but there's a few small details that should've been addressed on a $500 model. The scope is great but some of the cheaper ones have better grips on them
Not sure what you are getting at? Are there quality problems associated with your bow?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you are getting at? Are there quality problems associated with your bow?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
I sent them a few questions about the product and about the warranty since I'm a long ways from a dealer and I'm just waiting on a reply

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
Well good luck with your new bow and welcome to the boards. :)

Reactions: Neverstopchasin

·
Registered
472 Posts
In my experience, there is not much hope for getting a response, unless either a possible sale or a warranty case is involved. I tried that (technical questions) with PSE and Elite for vertical bows.
But perhaps KI has more customer service personnel involved ;-)

·
4,788 Posts
KI does check emails and returns answers. If you need to actually talk to someone, leave a ph# ;otherwise, ask your question and expect an answer. Average wait is 2 days currently.
Their ph line is constantly busy at this time of the year and just hold if possible. Don‘t keep calling back or you just go to the end of the line each call.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KI does check emails and returns answers. If you need to actually talk to someone, leave a ph# ;otherwise, ask your question and expect an answer. Average wait is 2 days currently.
Their ph line is constantly busy at this time of the year and just hold if possible. Don‘t keep calling back or you just go to the end of the line each call.
They responded with no info on my questions lol. But they did respond

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
It may take a while but they get to the bottom of your issue. I had good from KI support but in the Covid-19 time period things change.
You indicated you had small items. Be specific to make your point. They are likely fighting fires first.

Reactions: Stalker

·
Registered
9,370 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Call them!
I was wondering what to do about warranty work and inspections since I'm about 10 hours away from a licensed dealer. I didn't realize this till I had done bought the bow. And I was wondering how to purchase the grips from the boss for my bow bc I like them better. But now I'm already seeing my serving separate after 20ish shots

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know that's very little but it's only going to get worse, this has after 20ish shots. What's your take on this? They did answer my warranty questions in detail the second email and it was prompt. They seem to get back within a day. I love the feel of the bow and the way it shoots so hopefully they'll send me a better string that'll hold up

·
Happy Member
5,578 Posts
I doubt a new string will make a difference. It's the narrow string angle and the severe angle of the cams. I believe they have a new Taiwan manufacturer for this year's models too. One would hope it's just growing pains but we'll have to wait and see? I almost pulled the trigger on this model too. Glad that I held off! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Neverstopchasin

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I doubt a new string will make a difference. It's the narrow string angle and the severe angle of the cams. I believe they have a new Taiwan manufacturer for this year's models too. One would hope it's just growing pains but we'll have to wait and see? I almost pulled the trigger on this model too. Glad that I held off! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
Well I want my money back if this is the best they can do bc that's not going to last 100 shots. That is junk

·
Registered
57 Posts
The serving on my bow is separating after 20ish shots! I hope to God they make this right or I'll be pulling up to the front door there 😂(I'm not joking)
You can call them I did. They'll want pictures and when they get back to you like they did with me they will say "yup looks like you need new string/cable set". That is not covered under warranty as I was told at the dealer and by KI. You can by a new set from them as they will probably suggest. I told told them I'm not putting the same junk set on my bow.. Get a hold of Marty he is a member here. I got a new string/cable set from him and the guy at the small shop who put it on said it was best he has seen. The dealer where I bought mine does no bow work I had to go out of state to get mine replaced took 15 minutes maybe less. The bow shoots better and no sign of any problem with string or cables.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Um! I had no issue getting new string and cables for my Ripper because is premature wear. I also had my riser assembly and rear assembly replaced at different times.

Reactions: Stalker
1 - 20 of 93 Posts