Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from voiding warranty and liability, is it I'll advised to attempt to shorten the stock a few inches?

I can tell if I take it too far I'll lose the ability to have a crank assist, but I never use one as is. I just don't know if there is any sort of structural support that I'd lose or weaken.

Love the C5, but it's too long for my kids frame, and I'd rather not have to sell the c5 and buy him a new crossbow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I would not cut the crossbow.
There are crossbows out there that the stock can be adjusted. Some you remove a couple of bolts
while others have a button or lever. Adjustment is usually 1 1/2" to possibly 2". As an example, I
have a 2019 Carbon Express 390 Pile Driver that has the 2 bolt system.
All the best with what ever you decide.
Take care.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
You can get a ts 370 that is adjustable with a 1 click from 32 to 35 inches. This xbow is an absolute great hunting xbow. Trigger , Zero creep,3lb pull. 6.7lb. Accurate. Plenty of owners on here to back me up. Easiest xbow to rope cock I have ever tried.. $249.00 originally$599.00.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After digging online, and walking around BPS today I decided not to chop it down. Rather I'm going to sell it, and use that for a Killer Instinct Lethal 405.

Seems like an absolute steal for 200 bucks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get a ts 370 that is adjustable with a 1 click from 32 to 35 inches. This xbow is an absolute great hunting xbow. Trigger , Zero creep,3lb pull. 6.7lb. Accurate. Plenty of owners on here to back me up. Easiest xbow to rope cock I have ever tried.. $249.00 originally$599.00.
Do you have a link to who has one for that price?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
After digging online, and walking around BPS today I decided not to chop it down. Rather I'm going to sell it, and use that for a Killer Instinct Lethal 405.

Seems like an absolute steal for 200 bucks.
Boss 405 for $200.00 is a steal. Cheapest I have seen it is $299.00.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Northwoods outlet had them. Checked and they are sold out. If you found ki boss 405 for $200.00great deal. I handled the boss at local bps and liked it. Very compact. Lifetime warranty!
Not the boss 405, but the lethal 405 is 200. Boss is 300 but I'm looking into that one too.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
The boss has an adjustable stock,the lethal is fixed. The boss has an aluminum rail,lethal synthetic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Think I'm gonna go pick up that lethal 405 today.

Now I'm debating keeping the c5 as a backup, or possibly selling it. I see ebay prices from 200-400 depending on accessories included. Could pay for a nice ground blind for the kid to hunt from.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Depending how cash strapped a person is, I would suggest keeping the crossbow which would fit later as the person gets older.
Selling anything, one is going to take a loss, especially with crossbows as every year new ones come out.

Wishing you all the best with what ever you decide.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
The boss is adjustable in length and it has all the power needed . should last him till he can buy his own.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I have a ts 370 and a ts 390,both adjustable. Not really sure which one is the back up. It makes a difference to me. Early season I will be out in a shirt,shooting at 34 in. Mid season sweatshirt ,adjust in a little. Winter,heavy coat,adjust in to 32 in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to wrap up this thread. I held onto the wildcat c5 and scrubbed any plans to cut the stock down. The wildcat c5 is apparently considered one of the best xbows in terms of longevity. I did pick up that lethal 405 and have a thread over in the killer instinct board on it.

Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can vouch for the Wildcats longevity. Mine is 9 yrs old taken countless deer. I've only had one issue that WASN'T the bows fault . Lent it out to a buddies kid. He shot a deer and in the excitement lowered the bow down into some brush and broke the arrow retainer. Barnett sent out a new one free of charge. It is now my kids(got 3 of them slinging arrows) bow for hunting . Can't say enough good things about it for an entry level bow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts