Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was visiting my local bow shop the other day just to see what was going on. I noticed the owner had replaced his silencers / limb savers with a different brand.
He is now carrying the Bowjax brand. Having a little experience with "vibration and how to limit it", thru work and other hobbies, I thought hmmm...interesting.
I bought a pair of the 4 legged, stick on limb savers.

At home, I cleaned the inside of my newly acquired reCons limbs with IPA and stuck them on. I put them as far out on the limbs as I could per the limbs flat surface. The closer to the cause of the vibration the better.

I wish I had a decible meter...! The "length" of time of the sound was definitely shortened, the feel of the vibration was also lightened, along with the sound.
Mind you, this was all perceived on my part, but they made a big difference in any case.
I had installed a Sims limb saver on another bow a while back. I was unsure if I had really heard or felt any difference. While I am sure that they did "something", the difference WASN'T like the difference with the Bowjax part.

Now I need to buy another pair for the bow just noted and shoot it with the current savers, without, and with the Bowjax "damper" to see if there is any perceptable difference.

Anyway...just thought I throw this out to ya all...for what it may be worth.

Mike

·
310 Posts
Mike,
Try using Limb Tunerz. They allow you to move them anywhere, which will cause you to "Tune" the noise out.
The main ones should be on the foot stirrup.

Thanks,
Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts