Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im new to crossbows and a friend gave me a piledriver model 20310 and right away realized that when i pull the string back it doesn't catch at all. i contacted the company and because im not original owner and its discontinued they cant help. Is there anywhere to buy parts i cant find anything online or is there any suggestions to fixing it.

Thanks

·
Crossbow Nut
3,104 Posts
Make sure your safety is off, that is, in the "fire" position before you try to cock it.

Reactions: CharlieTAT2

·
2,915 Posts
Are the latches in the closed position ( the way they would be if the string was behind them, in the cocked position)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the latches in the closed position next ( the way they would be if the string was behind them, in the cocked position)?
the latch is not. in the closed position. it wont (the latch) grab the string (open position ..guessing thats when it is up to grab the string) next is taking it apart and seeing if there is something broken

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
If the tumbler (latch) does not come up after the string crosses in the cocked position, there is a
possibility a tiny spring has either broke or come out of place. More likely broke.

My Barnett Ghost 410 and Barnett Buck Commander has a similar trigger design. It has two identical
springs. One faces forward and the other faces back toward the shooter. This system was before
Barnett came out with their Trigger Tech design. After the shot, one spring brings the tumbler (latch)
into a partial upright position. Cocking the crossbow, the string pushes the tumbler (latch) back toward
the shooter. After the bowstring crosses, the second spring returns the tumbler (latch) to the upright
position holding the bow string in the shooting position.

One bow, the front spring broke, so I could carefully raise it with a small screw driver. The second bow,
the back spring broke so with the scope and trigger housing, no way to return the tumbler (latch) to the
up right position. I took both trigger assemblies out and made one out of the two. I had another one fail
recently, but had a compete stock with a good assembly so I just swapped the stock system.

If you find out what is wrong, check with a gun repair shop, they may be able to help.
All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Squirt some lubricant ("WD 40" or in Canada "Move It"). "Move It" is
available at Princess Auto and works as a lubricant as well. The assembly
is probably sticking a bit. Move it back and forth from Safe to Fire with out
the crossbow cocked and loaded.
All the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts