Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, the incident with the black Parkers has seemingly slowed posting to a halt; let's get some chatter again. After tightening things up, smoothing the trigger and adding my own string, mine it's shooting better than ever. Zerod at 25 yards, I'm getting center hits at 42 yards using the first aimpoint down from crosshairs in the Varizone....that's a measured 8" drop. Shooting GT Lazer II's with 125 gr tip, brass inset and 2" Blazers.
Let's hear from some others with Cyclone experience. Or those who are considering same.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excepting the Black Bitch 1 & 2, have you heard any other horror stories, Urban?

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Have they fixed the rail/receiver line up issue? How about strings? I'm looking for something and it was top of the list but the black bitch 1 & 2 took care of that - for the time being anyway. Where's a factory rep when you need one?

We need a thread on exactly what to do to get a Cyclone to shoot and stay together. What string did you end up with that won't blow up on you?
Still hard to believe you even have to ask such a question? :confused::confused::confused:

·
Banned
364 Posts
I think the Cyclone is a great bow! I'm looking hard at getting another , but down the road a bit. Since the black ones are very limited production I would like them to be proven more so, before I get another. Somehow I don't believe Parker will admit they had a string problem. The other issues of trigger, barrel line up and ratlles are easily and quickly fixed. My blow up was using moon nock but I really don't think it is a nock issue, although I could never verify it. I shot several arrows before the blow up with flat nocks and had no problems.
I know of another blow up but I understand it was from a dry fire. Couple of issues with the barrel to trigger area mismatch and of course the noisey butt stock.

As I said, I believe the Cyclone is a great crossbow and had a lot on the plus side.

I can almost guarentee you that if a crossbow model is going to have any problems no matter who makes it, it will be the one I buy!

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
I can almost guarentee you that if a crossbow model is going to have any problems no matter who makes it, it will be the one I buy!

Dagriz,
You might have a problem in the future getting any one to sell you a crossbow.:)By now they have your name on file:D

·
Banned
364 Posts
:confused: I don't have a problem buying any damn crossbow I want! I see that the same old crap is going to follow me here. What a crock!! :confused:

I think I won't ever post a flucking thing about what I find or what my impressions are of any crossbow or accessories. Seems like nobody wants to hear anything but the praise. Any negative comments, no matter how truthful they are; brands me as socially unacceptable qand puts me on a "list" of: Do Not Sell To! Again another crock of crap!!! :mad:

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
DaGriz said:
:confused: I don't have a problem buying any damn crossbow I want! I see that the same old crap has followed me here. :confused: What a crock!! :mad:
Hey,cant you take a joke, just kidding.
sorry if I hit a nerve.:)

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Posting issues helps us all. The manufacturer might not know he has a major deal going and others need to hold off until it's fixed. I posted on the DS issues, you posted on the Parker ones. I think they were joking at you. Keep the updates going both good and bad.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All things mechanical have their idiosyncrasies. Moreover, competition tends to cause change that sometimes challenges the limits of prevailing technology or support. Moreover, the fast paced competition among crossbow manufacturers can lead to innovative design changes that are short on testing by everyday users- who are more likely to find flaws than technicians with vested interests.
These factors, as well as supplier issues, may have affected some Cyclones, IMHO. Personally, I thrive on making things new things work better and see dealing with 'fix issues' as part of the allure of buying a new release. It's taken some messin' but my Cyclone is every bit the bow I had hoped it would be. And if unforeseen problems develop, I have the comfort of knowing that Parker will stands behind the product they sell and will remedy them.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
DAGRIZ

DaGriz said:
:confused: I don't have a problem buying any damn crossbow I want! I see that the same old crap is going to follow me here. What a crock!! :confused:

I think I won't ever post a flucking thing about what I find or what my impressions are of any crossbow or accessories. Seems like nobody wants to hear anything but the praise. Any negative comments, no matter how truthful they are; brands me as socially unacceptable qand puts me on a "list" of: Do Not Sell To! Again another crock of crap!!! :mad:
DAGRIZ, I am truly sorry my attempt at good natured humor offended you .
I have no idea as to what you refer to as following you over here.I was just going along with your last paragraph in your post about you buying Crossbows that turn out to have problems.
I have read every one of your post and found them to be informative and to the point.
So please accept my apology and continue to be a valued contributor to this great site.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Specialized

Thanks!! :confused: I owe you an apology for going off like that. There were/are some extenuating circumstances that had an effect on my patience. :confused: No excuse for my tirade! :mad:

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Dagriz

Thanks much for the pm,I now understand where you were coming from and really glad to have you back.
Looking forward to many informative post from you.
And do continue to call them as you see them.

·
175 Posts
I, for one; really do appreciate people who own something and are willing to share problems they have with a product. I try to research something I want that cost a considerable amount of money as I do not have it to throw away. Years ago, I had subscriptions to all three "major" bow magazines and they would usually test a bow or some other item. Never did any of these magazines ever really say anything bad about a product and in looking at the advertisements in them it wasn't hard to figure out why. Somewhere along the line some new product has got to have at least one bug or two and I do appreciate those who are willing to share this with others. I believe it is usually hard for someone to admit they bought something too quick or own something that is a lemon so it is those people, like DaGriz, that I really do appreciate in their honesty.

So thanks to all of you on this forum who regularly share their experiences with products, both good and bad.

GZ

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think magazine writers have begun to behave like the third oldest profession......right after politicians and whores..... when telling the truth is concerned.

·
Banned
364 Posts
I am hearing that Parker is now hand fitting each Cyclone (to insure that the things that were pointed out are nonexistent) before they ship them . That says a lot of good things about Parker. I also heard that they are looking hard at their strings. I learned of another string break and blow up. I believe they may have realized they had a major string problem, along with the other issues

Guess I will look at getting another Cyclone in the not too distant future

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had a feeling it was just a matter of time before you caved to the alure of cheap sexy speed again. That Black Bitch (for the uninitiated, his name for a former Carbon Cyclone), really turned your head, eh?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts