Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the Cyclone i was very excited to hold it and check it out... I like the bows features and appearance.... Problem is i don't know if ill like the feel (hope i do) and I cant find ANY place that has one to try out let alone BUY.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Parker

Now I hear they will be out last week of May?:eek:

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
May just have to pass, if they keep stringing me along like this. It was supposed to be out by March, then April now May. Now wondering if conjecture of possible product problems may be founded. On the bright side, absolutely nothing wrong with the Terminator, or the Vortex that's my backup bow.

·
Maximus Representative
94 Posts
Hello everyone, Everyone interested in the Cyclone that is...

The Cyclone has certainly been a hot product and hot topic everywhere. I can assure you there has been frustration on our part at Parker in offering good dates for delivery, However We are now in full production and all the bottlenecks have been overcome. To our customers we have communicated the flow of Cyclones will begin in approximately two weeks.

Thanks to all for your understanding...

Paul

VP Sales.

·
1,071 Posts
Parker reply on Cyclone

Here is a reply to an email I sent to Parker in regards to their Cyclone debut being postponed. I appreciate and respect a company that wants to get things right before it introduces the product to the public. I believe this one will be worth waiting for as most other Parker products are.

We had a number of additions and made changes in the limb angle. Then we had to do testing, lots of testing. We wanted to get the lightest weight limb
with the best speed. We did a thorough quality test on each product and this
was a change from the norm in the design of our previous crossbows. We will
start shipping at the end of May, 20th, that is a given. It will take 4 or
more weeks to fill the backorders. Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im very excited to see what the bow can do as well... I was looking at the Horton reCon also. Seems pretty nice but there was not very much info about it on their website.... Things like that can break a sale for sure. :eek:
I also was deterred by the almost 10lbs of weight. Light is good, the Cyclone is said to weight 6.5lbs which is the same weight as my M4 Carbine was... I know i can deal with that weight.

I wonder how long it would take to get one in if i ordered it SOON?!?!?!

·
1,071 Posts
Check withs some local dealers and ask them the lead time.According to the email the bows would be coming out on May 20 and then it would take about 4 weeks to fill all back orders. Maybe one of your local dealers has one of them on back order. It sounds like they are going to be in big demand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only have ONE close dealer... Sadly they never even heard of the bow... They called on it and called me back. They said they could have it in JUNE or around there! Plus they were QUITE a bit more expensive then a local bow shop here. The local guy called his rep and gave me a pretty good price! Although its hard to tell how good compaired to other shops but BELOW what it thought it may be.

I liked the ReCon which has a review on here, but its heavier and WAY out of my price range! It was VERY accurate though in the review! Anyone know how accurate compairible parker bows are? OR if they think this will be as accurate?

Would the 165# or the 175# version be better? I dont think ill ever get to kill bears or anything HUGE like that with it. Would the 165 be more accurate because of lower speed? Im pretty new to bow hunting and i was told HIGH speed can cause in-accuracy....

·
1,071 Posts
Parker Safari Magnum

My Safari is as accurate as the Horton I can also put the arrow in the same hole.When I practice I shoot one arrow a different bullseyes so as not to damage the arrows.As far as the question of 165# or 175# I don't believe you will see much difference in accuracy. My bow is 150# is accurate and shoots at about 320fps depending on the shaft and head combo (weight).As I stated before my 150# is fine for medium size game such as deer, boar, bear and possibly elk also. I'm sure the Cyclone can also handle these animals as well. Most crossbow hunters will shoot at 40 yards or closer if possible so either weight would be fine.If you wanteed a little more speed and power then go to the 175#.

·
156 Posts
Shot a 3-D today and on a 30 target range shot 294, 3- 8's and the rest 10's, they didn't count the centre 11's but had 17 of them, My Safari mag 150 can put them were they need to be and not sound like a cannon doing it. When my Cyclone comes in it will be interesting to see what it can do, so far from the factory reports they are getting around 353fps with a 425gr bolt at 165lbs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I jumped in on the Cyclone too.. Ordered mine the other day. Not sure what to expect but I guess Ill see soon.... Well as soon as i get it :(

·
Maximus Representative
94 Posts
Cyclone Production

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to report that the cycone is in full production and units will be rollong into the UPS trucks by the end of the week.

Again, I appologize for the later than anticipated launch, however through the process it actually helped us produce a better product.

I'm looking forward to some comments once the Cyclone is in the stores.

Best of luck,
Paul
VP Sales

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any idea how long it will take to get caught up with ordered equipment?

Just curious on a possible date i can expect my bow? Patience isn't my strong suit.. LoL. Not that i get made when i get impatient but i am like a kid in a candy store.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Got the Terminator all but sold, he wants delvery, I'm waiting for the Cyclone so I can swap the scope for my VeriZone. This deal won't keep until June, I fear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts