Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on another forum mentioned that the collapsible stock of the Cyclone tends to "rattle." Since one part slides over another it can be moved and does make some noise. While hardly noticeable, a close deer could hear it. But there is a fix, using a piece of duct tape about 3'' long and 2" wide. Determine where you want the stock most of the time, then extend the stock all the way. Apply the tape to the top and about half way down each side of the fixed portion of the stock, just behind where the end of the adjustable part will be located when it's where you will want it. Don't extend the tape too far down the sides of the fixed stock or the sliding part won't fit over it. Smooth the tape into place and slide the extension over it so the tape doesn't show. Walla, noisy stock fixed and still can be moved. Not exactly high tech but very effective.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures as requested. (Told ya it was a hi tech fix, Griz.) I used Hi-speed Camo Duct Tape to dampened auxiliary vibrations and decrease string bounce-back. (Actually, it's the cheap stuff, it was closes at hand when I got the idea.) Too much tape down sides makes sliding stock in more difficult. LSS, it works.

Attachments

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PS Looks like I have to trim it just a tad closer. In a hurry, it was gettin' neigh onto happy hour when I got the lighbulb.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I should be able to tune all the little aggravations out of my Cyclone with in hours after I get it!

That's good. :) I would think once you have found the "sweet" spot for stock length you can put the tape on in a thickness , length that makes the stock not rattle AND stay in place. Sliding the stock back or forward becomes a moot issue once you have the sweet spot.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a nice bow but maintenance is going to be an issue. It's so narrow that most bow presses won't fit. Been working on mine most of the day. It is adjustable but it has be be exact so that the press roller doesn't block the cable anchors pockets when the bow is compressed. Now have all the parts after 2 trips to town (I hope) and will work on retrofitting tonight.

·
Banned
364 Posts
I guess if you plan to change your own cables and strings it could present a problem. I have to wait until mine arrives to see if my Moomkryket limb compressing tool will work. I don't see a need to change cables more than once every other year, as normal maintainence. Changing strings may be an issue if the compressing rig doesn't work. BUT I'm sure I can come up with a home method to be able to change strings.
Other maintainence should be no more or less than any other CB?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts