Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope these don't run off my bucks and knock my feeder over and break it! Grrrrr……….

07-19-20 012.JPG

·
Registered
530 Posts
They won‘t run your bucks off but they can certainty tear your feeders up. I’ve had them knock them over and even had large hogs rare up on the legs until they collapse. Standard feeder legs are no match for a large hog.

Reactions: whitetailzombie

·
Registered
907 Posts
Kill em all.
Friend of mine who's farm is 100ish miles SE of me is dealing with them too. They are relatively new to Missouri, I'm so thankful that we don't have them in my area, at least not yet.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,101 Posts
Kill em all.
Friend of mine who's farm is 100ish miles SE of me is dealing with them too. They are relatively new to Missouri, I'm so thankful that we don't have them in my area, at least not yet.
Kill em and grill em Jac!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Kill em and grill em Jac!
7 or 8 years ago I went to Alabama with some friends on a quail hunting trip over a long weekend. A couple of the locals that were friends of one of my party invited us to a pig roast. They had killed a couple 50-60 pounders and smoked them whole. That was as good a grub as I have ever had. Awesome weekend, quail out the wahzoo and roasted piglet!!

·
Crossbow Nut
3,101 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Hope these don't run off my bucks and knock my feeder over and break it! Grrrrr……….

View attachment 181578 View attachment 181578

I feel for ya Gabo! Hogs are as bad as coyotes, probably worse when you factor in the environmental, ecological and biological damage they cause.

We don't have hogs up here yet. I didn't know they would feed together.
You had better thank the Lord you don't have hogs!! Once established they are impossible to get rid of!! The best you can ever hope for is to control them and that'll involve trapping!! One simply can't hunt and kill enough to do any good.

·
Registered
530 Posts
We don't have hogs up here yet. I didn't know they would feed together.
They usually will not feed together but the hogs will not run the deer out of the country. Deer usually leave the immediate area when hogs show up but they don't go too far. I do have some trail camera pics of hogs and deer feeding together...I'll try to find and post them.

·
Registered
530 Posts
11BF0A85-D930-4D0E-BCFA-77906B3552E4.jpeg
986EECB8-52F7-43AE-A3BF-7E483D74F427.jpeg
402B872C-9BE1-4C4D-8568-12083AA57AB6.jpeg

E762DA1A-EE39-4FFF-BEA6-E5D1D871124D.jpeg

Here’s proof that hogs and deer will occasionally feed together. It’s been my experience that it is very rare though.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I removed the corn feeder today. There's nothing there to draw either the hogs or the deer now. I'll give it a week or two then put the feeder back up. Maybe by then the hogs will have moved on back down to the swamp which is a half mile or so away.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Understood GBM, same problem here... Soon as I get this broadhead dilema conquered I'm going to spend a few nights in my stand and see how many I can tag before Sept 12...
Never ate them before. Can you eat both the boar & sows?

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive always been told you can eat any sized sow but boars need to be under 100 lbs,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts