Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy im alex from austria and New in this forum, a few months ago the limbs from my Darton great lakes impact 2007 is broken.
I have sucessful repaired it with epoxy but i want New limbs, so can anyone say me that darton lightning limbs can mounted on the impact or own an lightning who can say me the size from the lightning limbs ( lenght thickness on the riserside. Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for compliments, i surprised that anybody Herr knows austria the most people from outereurope thinks im speaking from australis.
I have tried to contact darton via E-Mail but they dont answering and via phone it is a very stressful long process with an not technical woman to explain what are my plans and the price for calling n the US from an EU country is very expensive too.
I have checked my limbs and the size on the riserside is 12,7mmx12,7mm (0,5inch x0,5inch) lenght i dont know yet but i can post it when im at home, normally it must fit because the lightning US an upgraded impact. The powerstroke from the darton lightning (listed with 17 1/2 inch) is also interresting whats the real size is because my impact is with an powerstroke from 17 inch listed - in the web i found it with 17 1/4 inch and mine habe messured 17.62 inch

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I'll try to call Darton today and see what I can find out for you. I'll PM message you with the information they provide. Hopefully they will replace the limbs for you.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I just found they have a Darton dealer in Berlin! I would think they would be able to help you and hopefully it isn't as expensive to call them. I'm confident they will warranty the limbs for you.
Arrow in Apple
Schillerstr. 70
D-16341 Panketal (bei Berlin)
Deutschland, (+49) (0)30 94 41 70 19

https://www.arrowinapple.de/

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Ausgezeichnet!!
Have you talked to them about the limbs? I don't mind trying to contact Darton US for you, but the dealer in Berlin should be able to warranty the limbs for you.
Would you like for me to still contact Darton here in the US for you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ordering in US i no Problem( 5 min of phone is possible and creditcart i have become today) for me the only Problem is the limbs are broken so i repaired Them and they hold since 100 shoots without problems but it is a repaired limb so i want New ones and the lightning seems better than the impact limbs more power more accuracy.
Nishan from arrow in Apple in germany i tried to calling some times but never goes to the phone and E-Mail will not answered.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The ordering in US i no Problem( 5 min of phone is possible and creditcart i have become today) for me the only Problem is the limbs are broken so i repaired Them and they hold since 100 shoots without problems but it is a repaired limb so i want New ones and the lightning seems better than the impact limbs more power more accuracy.
Nishan from arrow in Apple in germany i tried to calling some times but never goes to the phone and E-Mail will not answered.
Ok now I understand. I agree, your repair work was very good.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not sure I got the question. Darton customer service in the US shouldn't be a problem. If your wanting it replaced you will need to send it to them or a dealer. I was told last week that they don't like selling limbs to individuals due to safety concerns around installation. Any trouble with customer service ask to speak to Ted Harpton. He says go it goes. He says no it's no. Ted's a good guy.
Offer Ted a hunt in Austria and he might just bring you a bow. Never know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ duckhunting darton is a good factory but Ehen im calling there comes a lovely woman who is realy nice but no technican what dont know about are lightning limbs fit in impact also they say my impact is made obly in 2005 but i have buy the 2007 model??
Bowhunting are not allowed in austria in austria are espacially hart rules for hunt ( min caliber for deer , i think a Buck needs min 308).
The ship the whole crossbow to US is not possible because the shipping is realy expensive ( oneway min100euro) and taxes for reimport 2,5-22% to pay so the best way is to buy the limbs and i built in self.
@ old School bowhunter THX im much impressed miself that the repair holds but i dont have a good feeling maybe it breaks in future.
THX for all here i hope my false english is not to hard for you guys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yess i have tried a few times at AIA via E-Mail is the easiest way for me but the shop in germany is very busy i heart. I Hand contacted darton they are very cool and easy to ordering but i dont know about the lightning limbs are fit the impact i want Thema because they had 175 lbs what is 10lbs more and the limbs are more stressresisdent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh yess thats why i want New limbs but since the repair i make more than 100 shoots from +20° Celsius to -5° Celsius only today i made 40 shoots on the Parcours but after every shoot i make a critical touch and Sight control on the point of repair and after repair i stored it cooked without arrow for a 2-3 hours in the workshop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts