·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
With the bow having approximately 50 shots
On it, I took a 400 grain arrow and shot it
Through the chrono.
Still very respectable speed.

The arrow I will be shooting is 386 FPS.
I can live with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Prety ideal dimensions i would say.
Yes, i like the dimensions on this bow. i like the new narrow bows, but some are too narrow for my taste, also some bows are too short too.
This bow is pretty much hits all the checkmarks for me.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Is the textured finish on the rail going to be a problem on the center serving. Only thing i see that i question...??

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I don't think that will be an issue at all. I have 50 shots so far, no problems.
There is almost no down pressure with this bow.

·
2,982 Posts
Wow. With that stirrup, you could probably shoot 24”. May have to index if I’m going to use Ramcats. ;)
Jeff, out of my Toxin 100 &135, I could shoot Ramcats with the 125 grn blades and 21" arrows, I also used L-N-L inserts and always indexed the blades...
This new 100 riser cutout might be a little different, wont know till I see one...

Mike

·
2,982 Posts
Brian, thanks for those different arrow length pics !!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)
Can't believe I live in MI and we have no Darton dealers around here, 2 different pro-shops and none have Darton bows...

I might have to make a trip to the factory....:unsure:

Mike

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,553 Posts
Brian, that is a very nice bow and you made a good decision in getting it. I've always knew Dartons had to be good bows. I've read that the Military issues these, that Darton is the supplier for the Armed Forces. That says alot in my book !
I was almost ready to purchase a Darton until I was told about the Scorpyd DS back in 2017. I'm glad I finally got to read an up to date review on one. You are doing a great job so far ! Thank you buddy !

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Brian, thanks for those different arrow length pics !!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)
Can't believe I live in MI and we have no Darton dealers around here, 2 different pro-shops and none have Darton bows...

I might have to make a trip to the factory....:unsure:

Mike
Mike, i bought direct from Dartons website. Emailed back and forth with Ted, real nice , helpful guy (y)
I would have bought from Wyvern , but he hasn't sold Darton in a few years.
This is my first Darton crossbow, i have owned a couple Darton Verts: avalanche, and maverick good bows....

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Brian, that is a very nice bow and you made a good decision in getting it. I've always knew Dartons had to be good bows. I've read that the Military issues these, that Darton is the supplier for the Armed Forces. That says alot in my book !
I was almost ready to purchase a Darton until I was told about the Scorpyd DS back in 2017. I'm glad I finally got to read an up to date review on one. You are doing a great job so far ! Thank you buddy !
It's a nice little bow Marty, i will be having you make me some strings at a later date. (y)

Reactions: JOE PA
21 - 40 of 71 Posts