Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
2,982 Posts
Mike, i bought direct from Dartons website. Emailed back and forth with Ted, real nice , helpful guy (y)
I would have bought from Wyvern , but he hasn't sold Darton in a few years.
This is my first Darton crossbow, i have owned a couple Darton Verts: avalanche, and maverick good bows....
Brian, I know Ted real well, worked a lot of hunting shows with him and for him, he also invited me up to the Darton plant for a tour and let me assembly a crossbow on the line a few years back... In fact I was just talking with him on FB yesterday.. Great guy and has been with Darton for years....

My first Darton vertical bow was a SL50.....;)

Mike

·
Registered
753 Posts
Looking forward to some more information on this bow...cams definitely look different than in the previous 100 model..
How's it for noise on the shot..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Scott, it is a quiet bow, with no vibration. Iam sure the carbon composite barrel has alot to do with that.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Looking forward to some more information on this bow...cams definitely look different than in the previous 100 model..
How's it for noise on the shot..
Scott, not sure what more info you need other than getting it out and doing groups?
I plan on doing some shooting saturday.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Really nothing more...just see how she does during extended shooting sessions, accuracy/grouping at distance..you know, the usual stuff ;-)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
You can thank Jeff for that, he is the one who told me about it. (y)
The dimensions on this bow intrigued me, like i said, i don't want an ultra narrow bow, or a bow that is too short.
This one is in the sweet spot for me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Also Scott, i know you like red dots, this bow will be great with a red dot.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Also Ted told me that the carbon composite barrel is the strongest in the industry.
I believe he said it has rod molded in it for strength .
Nothing flimsy about it at all.

Also, on the specs, it said dual string suppressors, Ted said the 2021 models don't have them.
I feel these bows don't need them anyway.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Another thing I like about this new Toxin is no more Y yokes on the cables....(y)(y)(y)

Mike
Yes, that is a big plus that i neglected to touch on, thanks Mike. (y)

Reactions: beervo2

·
Registered
753 Posts
I was talking about on the side about this with Jeff..
I know he is looking forward to a chance to get one for himself 😉.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm sure it doesn't really need the string suppression system...but it could be even quieter with that!
Hmmmm🤔

·
3,635 Posts
I'm sure it doesn't really need the string suppression system...but it could be even quieter with that!
Hmmmm🤔
It probably could, or at least shorten whatever vibration might be there (talking in hypothetical about something I don’t have). My Mission Dagger is the quietest I have (though the SS is close), with no string suppressors, but it does have a crazy amount of rail down pressure. With the stirrup, suppressors would be easier on the Darton than the MXB. As you said, the wait for this is tough. I’m going to be too busy to shoot starting tomorrow, lasting a few weeks, so i is what it is. I am exited when I think this Darton will be about the same length, 5” narrower, not much heavier, and 50-55 FPS faster than the Dagger. (y) (y) :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Just an update. Went shooting today, and this bow shoots very well, with great groups.
It now has approximately 100 shots on it
And no real complaints.
The only negatives on this bow is: I would rather have the safety located like it’s big brother the toxin 150, it is located near trigger blade. Not a deal breaker at all, but it would be a nicer location.

Next, I have a love / hate with soft touch, on this bow the soft touch is nice, but it is getting worn near the trigger box by the cocking sled. Again, I said it is not a big deal for me, but it is happening on this bow.

And something I neglected to bring up: as with any bow you will need to check all the screws for tightness, and blue loctite them.

I have waxed the serving a few times with black lightning, as you can see it is still in nice shape after 100 shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 71 Posts