Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here I was wondering if anyone has any info on proper cam lean on a darton serpent ltd II. Should the cams be parallel with the string at full draw or at rest. Been to 2 different shops neither has a clue. Now the left cam has way more lean then the right. The timing is dead on but I'm worried about string wear due to cam lean. Any info would be appreciated thank.

·
1,222 Posts
The cams should not be out of plane (lean ?) more than a few thousandths (hardly enough to see). No limb is "exactly" the same, so some out of plane is normal, but again, probably should not be visibly out.
Especially one more thAn (not then !) the other. Especially if the bow is fairly new. Just call Darton, see what they want to do. They are normally very good about this sort of thing.

Should have been your first phone call, after all, they "are" the experts...on their bows.

Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cams should not be out of plane (lean ?) more than a few thousandths (hardly enough to see). No limb is "exactly" the same, so some out of plane is normal, but again, probably should not be visibly out.
Especially one more thAn (not then !) the other. Especially if the bow is fairly new. Just call Darton, see what they want to do. They are normally very good about this sort of thing.

Should have been your first phone call, after all, they "are" the experts...on their bows.

Mike
For your info: Darton's customer service is not the best. Dealing with them in the past wasn't the best experience. That's why I posted on here first. I figured someone would have some info about Darton. But all I got was a grammar lesson from an English professor, lol. Mike you have be kidding me right! Your grammar is defintely better THAN your crossbow knowledge you fruitcake!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Joe I can't. Found a darton dealer a couple hours from me and left it with him. He told me the cams were out of time and cam lean was uneven. I guess I know where I won't be going from now on, lol. Both proshops I took my bow to said it was dead on when they were done tuning. Lesson learned, I'll take that ride every time to have it tuned properly. Thanks anyway

·
2,597 Posts
That's a shame. Sounds like they didn't want to be bothered and only wanted to sell new stuff. It is getting to be a busy time of year. Glad you found a shop to help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts