Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the bow. Was thinking about the speed loss coming from the Fireforce but changed my mind. In a treestand I sat in last year by some trails. Deers come dowm this one trail every year behind the treestand. Last year, didnt have a shot, Fireforce limbs width would put the string against the tree. This year. Same stand, same path. Viper has got the short limbs giving me the lean around the tree shot not possible with the Fireforce. Then theres the saftey. Fireforce, you bettethink about if the deers real close. It does click. Viper Extreme, in a better spot. No real click. And yes I did test the heck out of the saftey. I carry loaded on my back a lot and do tall brush. Saftey operation is not optional its a must have. Dartons got all I need. Love me some Darton. Made in America.

·
Registered
262 Posts
just a question: i read that this bow is railless so arrow touches rail only at front and back. is this true?
thanks for ur answer

·
2,757 Posts
just a question: i read that this bow is railless so arrow touches rail only at front and back. is this true?
thanks for ur answer
Yes, there is a small gap between the arrow shaft and rail except at the front and back of the rail where the arrow rides on the barrel.....

Mike

·
Registered
262 Posts
can u please take some closeup pics of these back and front bumps and gap beetwen arrow and rail?
thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have one, its ok. Not a great shooter but pretty good. I like the soft touch they apply to the surface.
Its long, heavy but not too wide. Probably the thing I dislike the most is the saftey, its louder than heck.
Also, it does not auto set the safety when you cock it, you have to manually turn the safety on which I dont care for.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello
Excuse my bad English(Translator). I come from Germany and use the crossbow as a sports equipment. Since 2010, I have been using Darton crossbows, starting with the Storm, about Serpent Ltd 1 and lastly with the Viper SSxtreme. I never had problems with the Storm and the Serpent with the arrows because you could use Flatnocks. However, the track of the Viper and the very narrow version of the raiser never fitted me. No matter if with Omninocks or Moonnocks, there was always problem with the last precision. The 2 support points have damaged the arrows and with thin string material they wanted to lift the tips of the arrows because Si were pressed behind. Only the somewhat deeper milling of the entire rail by a good friend has again ensured a good even result.
She is a zig and quite material weary, but meanwhile I can live with her. Only 1500 arrows until the cables need to be changed and 2500 arrows until the tendon has to be changed is for someone who wants to use these devices as a sports equipment a financial challenge. Every month new cables, every second new string and in between also new limbs.
The older slightly slower devices were better in this, so my next device has now become a Scorpyd Aculeus 135. The Pervormance is better and I take the wear out in this speed class. Now all I need is a sport stock.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello
Excuse my bad English(Translator). I come from Germany and use the crossbow as a sports equipment. Since 2010, I have been using Darton crossbows, starting with the Storm, about Serpent Ltd 1 and lastly with the Viper SSxtreme. I never had problems with the Storm and the Serpent with the arrows because you could use Flatnocks. However, the track of the Viper and the very narrow version of the raiser never fitted me. No matter if with Omninocks or Moonnocks, there was always problem with the last precision. The 2 support points have damaged the arrows and with thin string material they wanted to lift the tips of the arrows because Si were pressed behind. Only the somewhat deeper milling of the entire rail by a good friend has again ensured a good even result.
She is a zig and quite material weary, but meanwhile I can live with her. Only 1500 arrows until the cables need to be changed and 2500 arrows until the tendon has to be changed is for someone who wants to use these devices as a sports equipment a financial challenge. Every month new cables, every second new string and in between also new limbs.
The older slightly slower devices were better in this, so my next device has now become a Scorpyd Aculeus 135. The Pervormance is better and I take the wear out in this speed class. Now all I need is a sport stock.
Darton Viper SSxtreme.jpg

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Viper is straight across the rail. Sounds like you have a problem. Had mine 2 years now. No issues. It’s a little more maneuverable then the Fireforce.

·
35 Posts
May be getting a Viper Extreme. Any thoughts good or bad? How will I like it compared to my Fireforce?
I have it since 2013. Can't say good enough about it... One fine piece of Archery equipment. Bullet proof built, accurate, fast, quiet...
I understand the Toxin 150 is its successor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts