Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I do not quite understand why arton Archery takes such an unfavorable path with his crossbows. I am a crossbow athlete and have come to appreciate my older crossbows and the Darton company. Unfortunately, the company did not go the way to improve existing but unfortunately only the way to achieve more power on less and less crossbow. With the Serpent models Darton had an almost perfect crossbow on which you only need to have improved the trigger and possibly the stocks.These are my crossbows, the Viper SSxtreme for 3d, and the Serpent and Serpent LTD for the target discipline.From the Serpent I made pictures from both sides in order to better identify the conversions. IMG_1512.JPG IMG_1511.JPG IMG_1510.JPG IMG_1509.JPG

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course, crossbows are not silent. But there are better crossbows like the Serpent and louder like the Viper SSxtreme.

·
1,220 Posts
I've got 4 older and a Rebel bow.
Like'em all. I cleaned up two of the older bows triggers a bit...much nicer. Their newer triggers are much better than the older ones.
Their bows are also very easy on string wear from the light pressure. Also a benefit, with no affect on accuracy. I have a coupla Robin Hooded pairs of arrows to prove that.

Mike

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I also lost a lot of arrows through Robin Hoods and yes their prints have gotten slightly better, but with their 2 point rails they have done no one any favor. The new shafts are pretty short, but look like plastic toys. The high lock(triggerbox) case is fine, but the shaft does not fit at all. In addition, the first 10m have become even more difficult with the new crossbows in 3d tournaments by the even higher scope mount. What Darton is currently producing could be smooth by "Barnett". The cable slider needed urgently an improvement, which is still on the level of 15 years ago and other manufacturers can do that much better.

·
Registered
12,809 Posts
Never seen those before. What kinda pull weight and speeds do they deliver?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry,i don't understand! My english is too bad to get out of the question.
Viper SSxtreme-370Fps(350Fps at 430grn)
Serpent and Serpent LTD-330Fps(300-310Fps at 430grn,290Fps at 480grn)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are still building good crossbows, but they have gone the unnecessary way and have not taken care of problems that have always been criticized. Darton is a way of getting further away from the actual needs of the users. Where they improve on the bows they only change with the crossbows.

·
1,220 Posts
Raziel -

Other than they don't advertise...what are Darton's problems ?
Yes their designs are simple, is that a problem ? I don't see how thay are "getting away" from the shooters needs, please explain.

Mike

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Trackless rail eats arrow shafts, no matter if Moonnock or Omninock the 2 support points feed into the arrow shafts. Unfortunately, the cable glide has never separated the cables so that they did not touch each other. In the case of faster devices, this leads to high wear and reduced durability when used in sports. The very high target distance rail makes shots from a short distance (2-9Yard) difficult to estimate in 3d. When using Firenocks, accuracy is a wishful thinking because the rails are partly not made for 22 arrow shafts, at least if you use thinner string material. The original Darton strings are often not wrapped properly and dissolve quickly on the cams. The arrow is lifted forward and has no guide with thinner string.
You do not get a montage with which you can use the cheek rest also sensibly, usually you lie only with your chin on it.
I love My Serpent and Serpent Ltd, but I had to rebuild the shafts in order to make them properly sporty. On my Viper SSxtreme the track had to be worked out deeper to achieve with all nocks precision with thinner string material.
I hope translating with translation program is understandable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts