Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever use 'em? How were they?

I just found them on-line for $5 a pack of three so I bought 4 packs. Theyre 2.5" cuts, 100 grains, and it looks like they work much the same as Swhackers. What ya say?!?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I saw those at northwoodsoutlet too. Should fly just as great as the other ones I bought.

Reactions: Gabowman

·
Registered
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw those at northwoodsoutlet too. Should fly just as great as the other ones I bought.
Was gonna get some Chinese Swhackers until I saw those. Just received 4 packs so if they fly as good as they look I'll be set for a couple years atleast.;):)

·
Registered
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look good to me. I started to order a few packs and then thought about the 40 or so Rage Hypos and Chinadermics I still have to go through and cancelled the order.
Broadheads are sorta like arrows at my house....I have enough to last me several years.LOL:)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Anybody ever use 'em? How were they?

I just found them on-line for $5 a pack of three so I bought 4 packs. Theyre 2.5" cuts, 100 grains, and it looks like they work much the same as Swhackers. What ya say?!?
Every time I open one of these threads it winds up costing me $$.:rolleyes: I could not resist this deal and ordered a dozen. After shipping it comes to $2.33 per head.

·
Registered
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Every time I open one of these threads it winds up costing me $$.:rolleyes: I could not resist this deal and ordered a dozen. After shipping it comes to $2.33 per head.
LOL:) I know what you mean!!:):):)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The broadheads arrived today and I couldn't resist opening up a pack. My first impressions are that they don't seem very sturdy and they aren't very sharp either. I guess for such a large (2.5 cut) BH that only weighs 100 gr. they can't be too sturdy and not many heads are satisfactorily sharp out of the package. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet to find out how they fly. They do come with a practice head that is just the same as the hunting heads except the blades are not sharpened and it has the fixed blade retention sleeve installed so the blades cannot deploy. After touching up the blades I think they'll be fine for deer pending flight testing. I'll report back after I do some shooting with them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The broadheads arrived today and I couldn't resist opening up a pack. My first impressions are that they don't seem very sturdy and they aren't very sharp either. I guess for such a large (2.5 cut) BH that only weighs 100 gr. they can't be too sturdy and not many heads are satisfactorily sharp out of the package. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet to find out how they fly. They do come with a practice head that is just the same as the hunting heads except the blades are not sharpened and it has the fixed blade retention sleeve installed so the blades cannot deploy. After touching up the blades I think they'll be fine for deer pending flight testing. I'll report back after I do some shooting with them.
Mine haven't arrived yet, but I appreciate your initial impressions of the broadheads. Interesting that they don't seem sharp enough. In your experience, what is the most effective way of sharpening up these types of blades?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Mine haven't arrived yet, but I appreciate your initial impressions of the broadheads. Interesting that they don't seem sharp enough. In your experience, what is the most effective way of sharpening up these types of blades?

Mike, I've had good luck with taking the blades apart and using the honing belt on a work sharp to get the blades shaving sharp. That method worked great on my Chinadermics (Rage knockoffs) but I'm not sure if I can take the blades off of these X Nasty heads. It looks kind of like they're riveted onto the ferrule. In that case I'll have to use a small diamond rod hook sharpener to get a shaving edge on them.

·
Registered
16,628 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday, and I'd agree with your initial impressions. They do look like they could benefit from a touch of sharpening, but I think they'll work fine. I weighed mine (I just have a cheap digital scale) and the 6 broadheads ranged between 95.8 and 97.4 grains. The practice points weighed in at 97.7 and 98.3 grains. It'll be interesting to see how they fly!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
FYI. The blades on the broadheads are removable with a tiny allen wrench. I took the blades off three of the heads to touch them up and now they’re shaving sharp. Too bad it’s still six months until deer season. Might have to try them out on a hog before it gets too hot down here in Louisiana. I better hurry, it’s 89 today.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I killed my last buck here in Ohio with their Extreme head.....best blood I've had in the last 7 years......once it started drops were the size of a quarter.

My crossbow shoots 320 fps and it drove the wide head clear thru the deer -- blades were in perfect condition.

The head had field point accuracy.

Horns

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
If you have any doubt on the toughness of these heads - watch their penetration test shot into plywood on YouTube; You WILL be impressed!

Horns

Reactions: Gabowman
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.