Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My foot stirrup came loose and when I took it off I noticed that there are 4 holes to screw it back in. When its in the farther back holes there is a pretty good bend in the string when the bow is at rest. should the string be straight when the bow is at rest?

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
You want a space between the string and the string suppressors. About 3/16" the string should be straight. If not and if the suppressors are against the string to much, you run the risk of the string popping of the cams when you shoot it. Make sure there's a gap between the string and suppressors !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Beanie
I’d contact Scroypd- I’m sure they want you have a bow that last. If your not sure which hole use I’ll ask them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
So I should move the stirrup out to the farther hole? Thank You
Yes, move it out...you don't want those suppressor pads touching the string at all. Put about an 8th of an inch between the 2, at least an 8th inch. But not more than a quarter of an inch. You'll be perfect then... Rex will tell you the same thing....

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Yes, for all Scorpyds since they all have the same configuration...the closer those pads are to the string the quicker they wear out also...its best to keep a little distance between the 2 but not so much that the suppressors cannot do their purpose effectivly....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts