Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just got my DeathStalker 420 in today (first crossbow!), but due to a mishap my sled is coming later this week.

So I'm looking into targets in the meantime. Do you all have recommendations on what I kind I should get?

I've heard good things about BlackOut, Spyderweb, and Big Shot's 450x bag,

But seeing how this is my first target I want to know what would be a good, long lasting target for me that won't break my arrows.

Think you all could help me out? I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Big Shot 500..... Go big in case you upgrade to a faster bow in the future,then you will be set for anything! Since it's your first crossbow,you can bet there will be another later,LOL. Ask anyone......

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats on the new XB Part of your decision SHOULD be based on what you plan on shooting at the target. I do believe the line of Spider Web targets are for field points only, as are a many other targets out there. I wanted a target that was rated for broadheads and field points, so I opted for the Big Shot Titan 18 target. Have yet to shoot it, but I will be sure to let everyone know how it holds up.

·
Registered
819 Posts
My experience is Spyder Web for field points, Blob for broadheads. Multiple great targets available, these I know work well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with the Spyderweb ST18XL per a conversation with David at Wyverns. That was a while back though and things might have changed.
That's what he recommended to me to, but I want to see all potential options and hear from other's experiences before I make a decision.

Congrats on the new XB Part of your decision SHOULD be based on what you plan on shooting at the target. I do believe the line of Spider Web targets are for field points only, as are a many other targets out there. I wanted a target that was rated for broadheads and field points, so I opted for the Big Shot Titan 18 target. Have yet to shoot it, but I will be sure to let everyone know how it holds up.
Thank you! I do plan on only shooting field point at the targets, so if anything factors into my decision, it's that, long lasting use, and ease of removal. And not breaking arrows, of course.

Big Shot 500..... Go big in case you upgrade to a faster bow in the future,then you will be set for anything! Since it's your first crossbow,you can bet there will be another later,LOL. Ask anyone......
By this you mean the Big Shot IronMan Xtreme 500 right? I don't think I'll be upgrading to anything faster than 420, so what difference would that be with the Big Shot 450X?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
That's what he recommended to me to, but I want to see all potential options and hear from other's experiences before I make a decision.

Thank you! I do plan on only shooting field point at the targets, so if anything factors into my decision, it's that, long lasting use, and ease of removal. And not breaking arrows, of course.

By this you mean the Big Shot IronMan Xtreme 500 right? I don't think I'll be upgrading to anything faster than 420, so what difference would that be with the Big Shot 450X?
Yes that's the one I meant and have myself. But hear really good things about the Spyderweb also. I needed the extreme 500,so that's why I bought it..... I'd rather have too much stopping power,than not enough!

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
We are using the SpyderWeb 18" No Speed limit and Morrell "Double Duty" 450fps with good results.
Our xbows shoot up to 445 fps with field points.

Reactions: NuclearCommando

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
These are all good targets. Irs going to be hard finding a target that can handle both fieldpoints and broadheads. Your going to find yourself buying more than one target no matter what the speed of your bow is. Also, don't be in denial about eventually wanting a faster bow. Once the bug bites, it's all over for Rover.... the DS 420 is plenty speed and an awsome shooting crossbow but down the road your going to want one that does just a little faster. It's the nature of the beast.... I had a Titan SS then a CPSniper 370 then a DS 380 then a Nemesis 480.......then...... I wonder what they will have in 2021 ? A DS 500 ? I want one !

·
Registered
285 Posts
Take a look at the matrix target. I shoot everything at it and it has lasted a really long time. It is the only target that has stopped every arrow I have shot at it. I have the spider web that failed just because my Grim reaper is dead nuts accurate out to 50 yards. You have to move your aiming point around. I will say it is easy to pull arrows. I have that big red dice looking thing. Really big fail. Can't shoot that closer than 40 yards.
The Matrix and a DD arrow puller is what I will stay with.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts