Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just placed the order for one from Wyvern. Pretty excited to finally own a Scorpyd, been on my list for several years.

Anything I need to know up front? Insider tricks.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
If you are under 6' then shorten up the cocking rope to where you have to pull the string up at least 3 or 4 inches to get the rope in the groove. It makes the 420 much easier to cock. Unlike cocking using hooks I start by hooking up the sled then pull the rope over the scope and hook it into the groove. Works very good that way.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the backward club. Love mine

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Oh it’s not my first, also have a Wicked Ridge RDX400

Love the backward bows

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are under 6' then shorten up the cocking rope to where you have to pull the string up at least 3 or 4 inches to get the rope in the groove. It makes the 420 much easier to cock. Unlike cocking using hooks I start by hooking up the sled then pull the rope over the scope and hook it into the groove. Works very good that way.
Good to know, 5’9” so I’ll definitely look into this

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
146 Posts
You will be satisfied with, for sure! Using a bubble level increased my accuracy. No need for, but the accudraw works fine, especially if you practicing a lot of shots.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
Index the limb bolts and the other fasteners to see if they start backing out at all. It's not an issue but it is common that they can work lose. This way you will be able to tell they are by indexing them with a permanent marker. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will be satisfied with, for sure! Using a bubble level increased my accuracy. No need for, but the accudraw works fine, especially if you practicing a lot of shots.
I use a level on every bow I own.

Definitely helps in the accuracy department when we start shooting 50-100 yards

Reactions: Nurso

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Index the limb bolts and the other fasteners to see if they start backing out at all. It's not an issue but it is common that they can work lose. This way you will be able to tell they are by indexing them with a permanent marker. Better safe than sorry.
This is something I’ve always done on my verticals bows. Also plan to get with you on a set of string and cables so I have a spare set.

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
This is something I’ve always done on my verticals bows. Also plan to get with you on a set of string and cables so I have a spare set.

No problem, just give me a PM...

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Good to know, 5’9” so I’ll definitely look into this
Let us know how cocking it is. I have reasonably long arms and with as short a rope I can get, the handles end up in my armpits on my DS380. I don’t think my back would allow me to cock a 420.

Reactions: Z-Rider

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Yes, you can't go wrong getting a DeathStalker.. Issue free and just an all around enjoyable crossbow to shoot.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Question for you all

I’ve read that the string should be 1/8-3/16 away from the stops. When mine arrived, out of the box the string is touching with some tension against the stops. Is there a way to adjust the actual stops to provide the needed gap? Bow appears to be in tune as I would expect new out of the box.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Mine touches and has hundreds of shots on it. I have replaced the string stops once but you will have to take it out of proper timing to get it off the stops.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine touches and has hundreds of shots on it. I have replaced the string stops once but you will have to take it out of proper timing to get it off the stops.
That’s what I was thinking about having to mess up specs and timing. Wasn’t sure if I was just missing something as far as a mechanical adjustment

1 - 20 of 27 Posts