Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Outstanding!

Nuff said and I can appreciate your experience. This scope is so legit!

Thanks for posting!!!!

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
I'd say that group is around 1"? Who's counting when the group is that tight looking and forward when you are in a hunting situation between 20-40 yards.. ;)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi Vortex Teammates
Return home from a nice vacation to find Vortex sent me the revised flip-up scope cap for the ocular lens. They put a rib on the inside so that it snaps over the edge of the ocular lens ring. Fits tight and doesn't move now. A few other things in the mix so stay tuned.....
Best to you,
FD

·
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Vortex Teammates
Return home from a nice vacation to find Vortex sent me the revised flip-up scope cap for the ocular lens. They put a rib on the inside so that it snaps over the edge of the ocular lens ring. Fits tight and doesn't move now. A few other things in the mix so stay tuned.....
Best to you,
FD
Excellent! I used a drop of silicone on mine. Works like a charm... :)

·
Registered
5,545 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I never had a problem with mine. I do know they could be put on wrong.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
For the average to elite shooter and the general masses Vortex did their homework right with this speed scope. I don't plan to buy another scope. At a MSRP $200 you get an awful lot optics that takes any Xbow (once tuned) to an elite level. You talk about equalizing shooting accuracy from low to high end xbows this scope is that equalizer.

Reactions: T695

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
For the average to elite shooter and the general masses Vortex did their homework right with this speed scope.
I’m a Vortex fan - but I think they missed the boat with this reticle. Shooting from a rest off a bench at a white target on a white faced Spyderweb target is pretty easy when you have all day.

Shooting from an elevated platform from odd angles at brown colored deer under a tree canopy is another story imo.

fullsizeoutput_c4a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c4b.jpeg

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Hi Vortex Teammates
Best to you,
FD
FD, keep us posted and look forward to what is stirring in the Vortex pot. :cool:

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Nice looking scope! ;):cool:(y)

·
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m a Vortex fan - but I think they missed the boat with this reticle. Shooting from a rest off a bench at a white target on a white faced Spyderweb target is pretty easy when you have all day.

Shooting from an elevated platform from odd angles at brown colored deer under a tree canopy is another story imo.

View attachment 184405 View attachment 184406
I'll let you know how it goes from my stand on Oct 03rd!!! :)

I have a feeling everything will be all right. Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts