Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello CBN family. The question i have is can i reverse the cable eyes on the pucks to face down to reduce the cable pressure on slide. Thus reducing string pressure on rail. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
Mine came direct from Scorpyd with the pucks facing up so I assume that is the correct position that Scorpyd wants them to be in. I am shooting the DS 420.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Mine are that way also on my 420. I was looking to reduce the pressure on the cables and string. Looks like i will keep them facing up.

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
I do not know how many total shots there are on my DS 420 but the only wear I have seen is from a rough latch which I have since sanded down that was fuzzing up my string servings. I have a set of Marty's string and cables on with maybe 150/200 shots and they still look new.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I remember Ventilator saying something about this in an old post about a year ago. I can't remember exactly what he said but I remember him saying that you can shoot them facing either way and it won't hurt your bow. I can't exactly remember what direction has what pressure on the cables though.... I guess it's something your going to have to find out through trial and error... I have 2 Scorpyds and on the Nemesis the hooks are down and on the DS 380 the hooks are up and the string barely touches the rail while the string on the Nemesis has alot of pressure. If this helps....

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
I remember Ventilator saying something about this in an old post about a year ago. I can't remember exactly what he said but I remember him saying that you can shoot them facing either way and it won't hurt your bow. I can't exactly remember what direction has what pressure on the cables though.... I guess it's something your going to have to find out through trial and error... I have 2 Scorpyds and on the Nemesis the hooks are down and on the DS 380 the hooks are up and the string barely touches the rail while the string on the Nemesis has alot of pressure. If this helps....
Have you tried turning the pucks on the Nemesis to see if it will help relieve the down pressure?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Well, from what I remember, the cable pucs are already positioned to optimize the pressure on the barrel so I'm just leaving them alone. I'm really not having much of an issue with it. It seemed it balanced itself out after shooting it a bunch. As if there was a break in period for everything. I also polished my latch claws really good and am building my string to be thin with a tight serving and it's helping..

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
My DS380 came with the puck hooks down. If you look at the hook, the outer edge is straight and the inner edge of the slot is at an angle.

With the hooks down, the cable eye is pulling down on the corner of that outer straight edge - 1st pic. With the hooks up the cable eye lays parallel with the angle of the hook’s inner edge - 2nd pic.

I changed mine to hooks up - ymmv.

DSCN2464.JPG
DSCN2510.JPG

·
Registered
827 Posts
Mine came hooks up. 2017 130# limbs. Things that make us go HMmmm...🤔

Reactions: bbahunter
1 - 11 of 11 Posts