Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I switched to Truglo titanium 4 blade mech this season. GREAT quality and really good flight during sight in, very pleased.
Shot a big ole fat doe from a ground blind two days after opening day, broad side @ 20 yds, right in the breadbasket. Sat motionless while it ran off. Ate a protein bar and waited about a half hour. Went to find arrow and couldn't. Thought no big deal I'll come back & find it after I dress the deer out. Began looking for blood, expecting to see blood all over based on my expectations of an 1 3/4" cut BH. Couldn't see any! Looked and looked. Got my led white light out and found a couple of drops, then none then some more. Thinking this was quite disappointing I decided to just walk and look & found the deer. Complete pass through & a great shot. Dressed the deer out then decided to walk back towards the poi finding droplets & thinking ok, analyze this later.

Very disappointed with the blood trail I committed to wait until I shot another deer and see how the TG performed then. Went to my tree stand a couple of days ago, waited to be able to see and began grunting. Within 10 minutes I see movement to my left, bingo, there he was at my 30 yard tree. Sub1 rested on the shooting rail, 30 yard cross hairs just behind shoulder and bam. Great sight picture when the shot went off and immediately heard the familiar fluid sounding thud. Pulled out a protein bar and waited about a half hour.
Down from the stand, can't find the arrow, concerned being it was a downward shot. Again NO blood! back to stand to be sure of where the deer was standing, yup, right where I thought. Searched the entire area for three hours covering probably 500 - 600 yards in all directions - no deer...

I shot one buck & 3 doe last year with blood trails like a hole in a bucket of red paint. Found every one within 50/60 yards.

I am done with TG & mechanicals! Back to Ramcat fixed blade. I have never seen holes like they made, in & out and unbelievable blood trails other than with my 30-06!

Over & out
WTZ

·
3,032 Posts
I am perplexed by your experience. I have only shot one deer with the Ti X. Blood trail wasn’t amazing, but not difficult to follow. Buck made it about 125 yards, but it was a hard quartering away shot and he was jacked up chasing a doe. I will say I don’t think you can go wrong with Ramcats. Doe this year made it 45-50 yards tops and plenty of blood even right at the hit. Other deer haven’t gone more than 25 yards. Hoping to collect more data in a few hours. ;)
60E8B039-8682-4884-AE71-E2A0F7A4C345.jpeg

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 4th harvest with Truglo. Never had a problem with blood trails. They are tuff and razor sharp. My only gripe with Truglo Titanium are that they partially open in my quiver.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
[/
My 4th harvest with Truglo. Never had a problem with blood trails. They are tuff and razor sharp. My only gripe with Truglo Titanium are that they partially open in my quiver.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Hey Chris, looks like TG did well for you and that is great! All I can tell you is they didn't for me, two consecutive deer, one ground blind, one ladder stand both equaled poor results. Which leaves me lacking confidence with them. Hope your season continues to be safe and successful!
Roy

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am perplexed by your experience. I have only shot one deer with the Ti X. Blood trail wasn’t amazing, but not difficult to follow. Buck made it about 125 yards, but it was a hard quartering away shot and he was jacked up chasing a doe. I will say I don’t think you can go wrong with Ramcats. Doe this year made it 45-50 yards tops and plenty of blood even right at the hit. Other deer haven’t gone more than 25 yards. Hoping to collect more data in a few hours. ;)
View attachment 187051
Indeed, I am perplexed as well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts