Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain the differences in the decock options? From what I have seen there is a Acuslide Decock, ACUdraw Decock and Acudraw 50 decock.

I am looking at getting a bow next year with crank cocking and decocking as I try saddle hunting and don’t want to climb with a cocked bow.

·
Registered
18,378 Posts
Can anyone explain the differences in the decock options? From what I have seen there is a Acuslide Decock, ACUdraw Decock and Acudraw 50 decock.

I am looking at getting a bow next year with crank cocking and decocking as I try saddle hunting and don’t want to climb with a cocked bow.
Cock while on the ground and tie a pull up rope to the bow and after you are settled in and ready to hunt pull the bow up. Then load an arrow and you are ready to shoot.

·
Registered
TenPoint Turbo S1 / Burris Oracle X
2,235 Posts
On our MD hunt I made the mistake the first morning of climbing up the ladder stand before cocking my Turbo S1. The first and only time I’ve ever cocked one in the stand. I didn’t enjoy it in the least! Was like the old saying about standing up in a hammock……. Cock the bow on the ground.

·
Registered
18,378 Posts
I forgot to cock my Excalibur Vortex with the 36" limbs twice and it is very hard to do in a Summit Viper stand. I actually had to pass the bow over the top of the shooting rail and then back under it to cock the bow and then reverse that to get it back over the shooting rail while cocked. Scary to say the least but it worked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There has been many times I shoot a deer, recocked my old Barnett in the the stand & keep on hunting till I’m ready to track. So am I assuming correctly that when most of you all shoot, then climb down (climber such as summit viper) recock bow then climb back up tree? Sounds like recocking in the stand is a lot more difficult with newer compact bows? I’m looking to upgrade is why I’m curious.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I always cock the bow before climbing up, but will not hesitate to recock while up there. Did it win my Nitro X when I had it, and several times this year with my Vapor.

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,831 Posts
I cocked my Vortex in the stand twice. Didnt like it the first time nor the second time. Felt like I was gonna drop it both times when all my hands were holding was the cocking rope handles with one foot in the stirrup.

Cock the bow on the ground...pull it up with a rope....load your arrow.

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
RDX 400, Nitro 505 w/Oracle X
218 Posts
I don’t load/cock my 505 till I’m in my ladder stand, comfortably seated and securely connected to my safety rope. It’s silent and I find it vary easy. I could easily De-cock but have never done so finding it more interesting to watch another deers reaction if one’s close by. I unload, uncock and lower it down. I make sure my rope will barely let the 505 reach the ground while secured to my stirrup so it doesn’t spin. Same process if using the RDX 400.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts