Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a amp 415 crossbow in Nov of 2019.The string jumped over the arrow and dry fired the bow. This caused the right limp to peel off the fibers. I call it delamination and the left silencer came out. What is my next step to repair this.

·
2,914 Posts
Take it back where you bought it, or contact center point customer service. Splintered limbs should be replaced.

·
Registered
472 Posts
A bit nitpicking, but this is not a delamination.
Almost all crosswows have solid fiberglass limbs.

Laminated limbs consist of multiple layers glued together, usually different materials.
When delaminating, the limb (or handle) comes apart at the glue surface. Some vertical bow shooters can tell stories about that ...

And yes, the limbs need to to be replaced. They might jump at you next time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Give them the whole story as it happened. They need good factual information in order to track and solve problems with their products. Remember you just might need their help in the future!!

Good Luck!!

Bill

Reactions: cleandate051005

·
Registered
472 Posts
That information will probably include the type of nock you used.
Common causes for such dryfires are wrong nock type, or pushing the arrow/nock not all the way back.
Which does not mean this are the only possible causes.

·
Registered
2016 Silverado
34 Posts
My Sniper 370 had a splintered limb when I bought it (bought it used from a dirtbag in an Facebook archery group- he superglued the splintered limb and I didn't see it until it came apart again) I called Crosman, there was no warranty card sent in by the previous scammer owner but they were awesome about it. They dropped a new limb assembly in the mail, I sent mine back in the box and I was back in business. I believe Patrick was the name of the Customer Service rep I dealt with. Super nice guy. Less than a week turnaround time (they're in NY, I'm in PA). Don't hesitate to contact them for help, I'm sure they will standby their product 1-800-724-7486. Report back.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I purchased a amp 415 crossbow in Nov of 2019.The string jumped over the arrow and dry fired the bow. This caused the right limp to peel off the fibers. I call it delamination and the left silencer came out. What is my next step to repair this.
Definitely call CenterPoint and see if they will send you a replacement riser/limb set. They often do.

I'd also suggest being very careful handling the bow with the old school style arrow retainer. If the spring pressure is not enough, the arrow can slide forward and often a dry fire happens.

One of the reasons I do the brush updates on these xbows and I suspect CP will soon change all of there bows to a roller system similar to what is used on the Sniper 370 and 390.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts