Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Registered
The crystal stone, when wet, completely removes the smell of sweat from a person! it's worth looking into it, it's the cheapest and best option
Crystal stone deo works by removing the cause of sweat "smell" not just trying to cover it up...Many men say it smells like Testosterone but in fact it doesn't smell like anything 馃榿

Registered
I use Arm and Hammer myself but the regular 'Fresh' scented deodorant.
Archer mentioned his African experience where professional hunters told him that game spooks from human scent, not other stuff so they use regular scented soaps and shampoo. I mostly agree with this and have not found any difference whether scented, or clean. Of course subconciously I know that whether I use super scent control or full perfume, the deer will still smell me so naturally mind the wind currents.

Registered
I use Arm and Hammer myself but the regular 'Fresh' scented deodorant.
Archer mentioned his African experience where professional hunters told him that game spooks from human scent, not other stuff so they use regular scented soaps and shampoo. I mostly agree with this and have not found any difference whether scented, or clean. Of course subconciously I know that whether I use super scent control or full perfume, the deer will still smell me so naturally mind the wind currents.
No matter what, I think NO scent is better than some fragrance. But we are never totally scent free.

Registered
Killer Instinct Bone Collector 370
I was checking to see what everyone is using while they're hunting, I've been using Scent Killer Gold shampoo and body wash for several years now but I don't like the unscented deodorant made by them or the Dead Down Wind Deodorant that I've used in the past they only work for a couple of hours and I don't sweat very much at all. Give me some great options that work for you.

Thanks,
Eric
Sure unscented. Cheap and works great

Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
I cut off the tarsal glands from all of the deer I tag and then brine them for a week minimum in a mixture of doe pee, vinegar, and creek water. I then freeze them for use all season. Thaw them out as needed and rub them vigorously on my armpits just before each hunt. Seems to work well.....
I think out of all the replies I gotta go with this one! 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

• Haha
Reactions: [email protected]

Registered
TenPoint Turbo S1 / Burris Oracle X
Nose Jammer but I found out during my MD Sika hunt my armpits are very sensitive. After three days it made my pits as red as Nancy Pelosi鈥檚 nose after a 5 vodka lunch.

Registered
I use the A&H antiperspirant as mentioned, but use it year' round. All during the season I use the green Scent-Away soap for a body wash and shampoo, even as a shaving lube. Basically, no scented products during season.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Registered
Years ago the company that made Screaming Eagle treestands used to market a deodorant called " Pitstop" basically all it was is Lavilin. Its a deodorant used for foot odor. Its a cream base and has no fragrance, the stuff really works good as one application under your arms will work for the entire weekend. The last place I got the stuff was on amazon.

Registered
Being we are not talking solely about under arm scent control, but scent control in general, I will chime in.. The best I found for my particular hunting area was when I hunted a friends farm. I would park at the barn and walk through the pasture to the woods. I would wear low cut rubber slip-ons. over my shoes and purposely walk through some freshly delivered free of charge cow poop. Worked like a charm 馃悇 :poop: 馃憙 :)

Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
Aint nothing like the natural scent in your hunting area. (y) :)

Registered
Hunt with the wind in your face and it doesn't matter if you smell like a sweaty ball sac factory . Keep it simple and apply one of the most very basic hunting techniques .

Registered
Funny story. While in South Africa (second trip), I noticed that the soaps in the bathroom were all scented/fragrant. I brought my own unscented hair/body wash and unscented AP. I asked the PH (Professional Hunter) why they have scented soaps in the bathrooms. Doesn't it scare the game away? His response: "Game is alerted to human scent, not other scents" WTF?

Registered
"Play the wind, Play the wind, Play the wind, Play the wind, Play the wind, "..... The wind gods of the mountains roll on the floor laughing every time somebody says that... 'Bout the only time you can do it is when the wind is a consistent 10+ MPH and 15 is even better.

Just let some milkweed spores ride the wind.... You'll see a SE wind turn into a W wind, an E wind and a N wind in just a few yards. Best way to "Play the wind" is to find out the PREDICTED direction and count on it being from any other direction....

21 - 40 of 47 Posts