Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a rare form of allergy/COPD in that I have breathing reactions to chemicals odors including detergents, cleaning products, perfumes, scents etc. So, years ago we switched to only using Sport Wash year-round in the washing machine and never any kind of fabric softener in the washing machine nor the dryer. I only bathe using Scent-Away soap and only use scent away deodorant. I also replaced all the carpeting on all floors of the house with 3/4" oak tongue and groove hardwood floors and removed all draperies and cloth furniture from the house. It's all made a big difference for my condition, and I have significantly fewer wheezing issues and asthma attacks. You only need a tiny amount of the scent-away deodorant so go lightly when applying it.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Funny story. While in South Africa (second trip), I noticed that the soaps in the bathroom were all scented/fragrant. I brought my own unscented hair/body wash and unscented AP. I asked the PH (Professional Hunter) why they have scented soaps in the bathrooms. Doesn't it scare the game away? His response: "Game is alerted to human scent, not other scents" WTF?
You can smell light sh~t if you play the wind I shower about every other day I haven’t seen the difference from when I did all those thing shower everytime I went out sprayed down just play the wind

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks everyone for their advice and opinions, I ended up ordering some Arm and Hammer unscented, the only thing I could find in a couple of stores was the Arm and Hammer fresh scent.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was checking to see what everyone is using while they're hunting, I've been using Scent Killer Gold shampoo and body wash for several years now but I don't like the unscented deodorant made by them or the Dead Down Wind Deodorant that I've used in the past they only work for a couple of hours and I don't sweat very much at all. Give me some great options that work for you.

Thanks,
Eric
I use a crystal deodorant stone, get on the internet and some cvs, Walgreens etc. It's all natural and lasts for days. It's all I use anymore. They last forever!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I use noes jammer, cover scent , deodorant and laundry detergent,(By the way if you use name brand laundry detergent even the unscented make sure it has no UV brighteners). I am a believer of playing the wind BUT as you all know that can change in an instant, at least here in AZ. I use to use a sent away laundry detergent with fox urine (if your not hunting turkeys, AZ and FL. archery season you can take a turkey) or racoon urine. It worked well! BUT you smell bad, LOL Noes jammer you smell like vanilla. I was hunting elk had a herd of elk come from straight down wind, I was using racoon urine at the time. I was on my knees sitting on my legs as the herd walked literally 360 all around me. The bull to my right 12 yards away destroying a pine tree. The two elk 40 yards in front of my definitely smelled me and they were checking the wing and even licking their noses I thought for sure they would bust, but they didn't. After a couple minutes they went back to eating. ???? What happened? The only thing I can think is the cover scent made them think I was farther away then what I was??? One elk walked up behind me only yards away..
Yes playing the wind is great if you are in a stand or blind but still hunting?? I play the wind but the animals don't always cooperate so I go one step farther and use cover scent and it has rewarded me with lots of game meat in the freezer. One of those elk at 40 yards found that out the hard way, I had a cow tag or the bull for sure would have been the one in the freezer!
I'll take all the help I can get!! God bless you guys!! .

41 - 47 of 47 Posts