Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have seen 4 examples of this bow that the stock squeaks especially around the cheek piece. Any one else notice this? OH and that brass safety knob, they should just make it an ambidextersous one at the factory. My only two complaints so far.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Desert Stryker

Yes mine is more of a rattle around the cheek piece.
Will fix that befor hunting season!

Iam right handed so safety is ok.

BUT WHAT A CROSSBOW!:D

·
1,222 Posts
My "Stryker" cheek piece squeeks a little if pushed on hard enough.
Not anything overly annoying though.

Mike

·
11,402 Posts
Remove the cheek pc

stuff some foam rubber in the cavity and re-install the cheek pc. I don't leave any open cavities in any crossbow.

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I sent DS number 2 back in for a factory check up since I bought it used. I will keep the foam idea in reserve incase they can't fix it and a couple other things I don't like. DS number 1 is just about perfect except that jingling trigger.

·
11,402 Posts
did you put the small pcs. of velcro on each side of the bar?

Takes 90% of it out. Don't over-do it because you will get some resistance when squeezing the trigger.

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet. I have been playing with my Vortex since Wyvern sent my STS for it. Great accessory.

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
They stop the string dissipation after the shot and provide a consistent release of the arrow from the string. They make the bow quieter and some say they gain accuracy.

Attachments

·
11,402 Posts
Well, Recurveman

Does the STS system work for you? If so, how? :confused: I was thinking about building a pair to go on the Stryker. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. They would have to be attached to the barrel on the Stryker.

Attachments

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Moon it surely works on removing that vibration out of an Excalibur. Accuracy can't verify yet. Its more like a Desert Stryker to shoot with the STS installed. it only weighs 4.5 oz. On the Stryker or Desrt Stryker I think it would have to be on the bridge about 3 inches or 4 from the center of the deck/string.

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok after looking at my DS it will have to come up from the picitinny rail under the deck infront of the string. The cable pulley is in the way of using the bridge.

·
11,402 Posts
I wouldn't put one on the Desert Stryker

No need to. There is NO after-shot vibration on mine. The Stryker is a different story though. That 405 fps deal and heavy limbs vibrate when they hit "home". I'm going to make the string stops this week if I can find time. I'll post a photo when I finish the job. It's going to be interesting to see what the effect is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts