Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how you mounted a sling and maybe a steady pole on the Desert Stryker.
Got mine today! Yes!

·
11,423 Posts
Specialized

I'll post some photos of the DS sling setup tomorrow morning and post a few thoughts on the "pole" you asked about. I'm dead tired and brain dead right now. Long day:p

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spec,
Mine came with a sling and a hip quiver as part of the accessories package, but there were no sling studs with it, nor the vaguest mention of actually mounting any of the damn stuff in any of the literature.

After looking it over there IS an attachment point in the butt for a threaded sling stud, and the underside of the rail is one long Weaver/Piccatiny rail. That is how the adjustable forend attaches.

You can buy a rail adapter for a QD sling stud and use that if you want, but any Weaver scope ring will fit, and since I have a junk drawer full of old rings in the shop, that is what I used. Run the tag end of your sling through the ring, and then through the keeper.

Since the hip quiver that came with it is useless to me as is, I decided to mount that to the bow the same way.
The quiver “quick detach thingy” attaches to the belt slide with two 10-24 allen head screws. Using another scope ring, I drilled out the ring cap holes in the base with a #25 bit, and re-tapped them for the 10-24 screws, and mounted it in front of the “sling ring”

I absolutely do not like quivers attached permanently anywhere on my hunting crossbows, but they are pretty handy for carrying to a stand. This one pops on and off once I’m on stand in about 2 seconds with a quarter turn of the quiver.

It works quite well and none of this requires drilling any holes in any part of the bow.

The "little" stryker strikes….

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Desert Stryker

Thanks for great ideas,and photos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts