Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I am new to CBN. I just joined. I am going to gut myself a new Desert Stryker. So my questions are what should I know, buy and not buy for it. I know I am going to put a scope on it. So that may become entertaining since I love big tactical scopes on my rifles. I really liked the sling idea I saw and the quiver mounting ideas shared.

·
14 Posts
Buenas noches, friends. I would like to buy a Dessert Stryke to hunt and shot.
I use my Horton every week with 200 shots. Is too much for the Dessert Stryk?.
Sorry for my englhis.
Im from Spain.
Thaks a lot.
Fernando.

·
1,223 Posts
Fernando -

200 shots should be just breaking it in! Should be good for thousands of shots.
Just keep the string waxed and keep an eye on the serving. Reserve or restring if the serving starts to frey. Always keep an extra string on hand to swap back and forth.

Mike

·
11,556 Posts
Unlike the Stryker

The Desert Stryker's string and cable servings last a long time. After over 2 thousand shots the original factory serving is still intact an not damged at all. This is amazing and I can only attribute that to the string's low down force on the barrel deck plus the deck is really slick. I stopped using wax on the string servings because IMHO it softens the serving material which seems to shorten the life of servings. An amazing product that I've used is a spray called "JIGALOO" that's a product from Canada. It's a dry lube that I use on the servings, crossbow barrel decks and even trigger parts. Give it a try if you can find it. Have fun with your Desert Stryker. It's a truly unique and great crossbow.

Attachments

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok...after lots of research on the various xbow forums, it seems there was a problem with DS limbs and the trigger system. Have they fixed this? Oh and I am allowing a 50 pound bag of salt with this question considering how some followers of a particular bad mouth all the other xbows made. Oh and what about string/cable changes..what kind of bow press do you need for this?

·
11,556 Posts
Recurveman

You won't go wrong with the Desert Stryker and here is a portable limb compression harness that you can make for yourself to change strings and cables. PM me.

I've shot my DS roughly 2000 times with virtually no wear on the string or cables.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts