Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
Brand new to CN and the crossbow world in general. I just ordered the Barnett Wildcat Q6 package from Dick's. There is very little online about the Q6. Most videos and posts reference the Barnett Wildcat "C6". Any idea on what the difference is? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I didn't grow up hunting but have been hunting white tail in VA with shotgun and rifle a few years now. I anticipate I will be hitting up you guys and the old dudes at Field and Stream/Dicks pretty often with questions. So thanks in advance for putting up with me.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome friend! Barnett is my favorite Xbow to date.
You will enjoy it and practice will be your friend.

Sorry I cant help you with that model. Many more on here will have knowledge on it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Welcome to the Nation!

I shoot the C6 and enjoy it. After seeing your post, I started looking around and can't seem to find a difference between the two.

Since the Wildcat has had a C, prefix, it is confusing to go to a Q. Maybe they upped the Quality. :cool:

They are currently 1/2 of what the C6 normally sells for though.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I also assume it's a discontinued model. Barnett now shows the Wildcat C7, with a trigger tech trigger.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Tyler no need to bother Dick's or Field and Stream. CBN is where all the rocket scientist of the crossbow world hang out. There isn't much these members can't answer if you have a problem or question. What people do you think put a man on the moon?:D And welcome to the NASA of crossbows!

·
Happy Member
5,545 Posts
Many retailers like Dicks and Cabela's request a bow from a manufacturer just a special edition solely found at their stores. There may only be a slight difference like color or a few fps faster than the stock bows. It's nothing more than a marketing ploy and there will be no difference between the different number bows. Good luck, be safe and have fun!

Reactions: Stalker

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Many retailers like Dicks and Cabela's request a bow from a manufacturer just a special edition solely found at their stores. There may only be a slight difference like color or a few fps faster than the stock bows. It's nothing more than a marketing ploy and there will be no difference between the different number bows. Good luck, be safe and have fun!
Your probably right Barnett makes bow for retailers like Dicks and just call them a different name.If you call them they will let you know for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts