Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear about these place where you get stuff dipped in camo, where and how much does it run?

·
33 Posts
The place I had mine done varies according to what you're having done. My crossbow (just the stock and quiver) cost me $100.00. It cost that much because the Horton Explorer has depressions in the stock that require double dipping. It might cost less (or more) with other models.

A typical gun only costs 85.00. if only the stock is done. I had my whole 29 guage shotgun done from muzzle to recoil pad and it cost me 150.00.

Hope that helps!

·
1,426 Posts
Camo On Plastic... I Did Not Mind The Plastic Black Of An Ar 10 Rifle Last Year But I Decided To Quiet It And Camo It At The Same Time. I Used The Products Called Mole Skin Made For Covering A Riser Area Where The Arrow Shelf Is. It Made The Stock Quiet When It Scraped Or Hit Against Anything; And Camo'd It Nicely In A Non Glare And Warm To The Touch Covering... I Could Use It Again For My Terminator When It Arrives... The Hollow Stock Will Likely Pose The Same Challenges Though It Is Camo Already It Is Not Quiet As It Could Be .. For About Twenty Bucks I Should Be Able To Remedy That Though I Can Afford A Dip... Unless The Dip Was Thick And Deadened The Sound, I Would Prefer The Mole Skin... I Have Also Kryloned Many Hunting Stocks To Camo Them... (cheap Paint )... The Cool Thing Is With Spry Paint It Is Always Changing, As It Gets Scratched And I Tidy It Up... (i Know It Sounds Like A Redneck Solution But .. I Beg To Differ.. I Am A Coonie... Its .. Uh ... It Is Different, Kinda ) To Make It Complete I Will Find A Way To Incorporate Duct Tape ... And ... Beer.. Then It Will Be Completely My Own Cajun Apparatus.
Dk

·
Registered
112 Posts
TARJAC and H2O Imaging will dip an entire crossbow for just under $200. They will disassemble it for a small fee as well. Enough patterns to make a decision tough and turnaround time is good.

I painted my Desert Stryker black for blind hunting. Not too tough, just need to be very particular arou nd the cams and string. If you have an Excalibur or other recurve it would be a piece of cake!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts