Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Ten point XRT NITRO!! And Barnett Vengance, (Ghost 350 sold)
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will never tell anyone my hunting spots again. I guy knew, so called friend, whom vowed to never tell anyone about a spot, I showed him, now has his friend hunting in my area now. This Idiot walks up on me 7:00 a.m. prime time!!. I'm in my blind throwing my hands up like WTF a$$ H**le !!! I swear, I saw red!!!! I dont even want to say, what I felt like doing!! Im still pissed, never again! Dont tell anyone about your sacred hunting spot, unless your very ,very close to them!! Word of advise!!

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Sorry to hear that and yes that sucks!

·
Registered
Let's Go BRANDON
2,113 Posts
My hunting spots are only known by my hunting partner, and I am married to her. In fact, Saturday I stayed in an drank coffee while she went out in the morning. 10 minutes later she texts me to assist her with her deer. View attachment 212202
That's the best kind of hunting partner to have.
A successful one! Congratulations to your wife! And Happy Thanksgiving!
Take care
Oncebitten

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I will never tell anyone my hunting spots again. I guy knew, so called friend, whom vowed to never tell anyone about a spot, I showed him, now has his friend hunting in my area now. This Idiot walks up on me 7:00 a.m. prime time!!. I'm in my blind throwing my hands up like WTF a$$ H**le !!! I swear, I saw red!!!! I dont even want to say, what I felt like doing!! Im still pissed, never again! Dont tell anyone about your sacred hunting spot, unless your very ,very close to them!! Word of advise!!
Even close to them I have a hard time telling.

I feel your pain. Been there myself and never again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My dad invited my uncle to hunt with us even after my brother and myself told him not to. The following year he takes a week off and brings his son and daughters boy friend every day before we got there on Saturday. We never saw anything that year. I learned my lesson and never shared a spot wit anyone else
Needed help getting a deer out of a rough area. Two days later I approach the same stand to find him in the stand. I said WTF. He said he was there first. He didn’t have permission to even hunt the property. He also had a rifle during bow only season. Not a friend just someone logging the area. He was reported to no effect.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Yep. i learned this twice.
Showed i guy where my stand was so his kid would have a place to sit.
Next week when i came back everything was gone. Even the little bow hook.

I hunted with a guy for a real long time, then when we parted ways he kept all my stands (3) of them and a camera. He taught me not to shoot any good bucks when hunting with him or there will be a price to pay.

Now I hunt alone. Now if I see someone i ditch into the woods or hang back from the trail head till they clear out.

Never show anyone your trail cam pictures till after the fact. Don't tell anyone what or where you have anything in the woods...ever.

the old days are long gone......its all about me me and me

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yup. And don't post your trail cam pics of nice bucks on the internet! People will put two and two together and figure out where that buck is. It's not hard with all the info people choose to divulge on social media these days.

Share the pics AFTER the buck is dead.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts